My first battery errors

IanHx

You wait ages for a fault, then 3 turn up at once !

In the error log :
08:14 Error code 198 Bat Voltage low
08:14 Error code 194 Battery over voltage
08:19 Error code 14 communication fault between battery and device

What does it all mean, and how do I get it all working again ?

Inverter H1-5.0-E
Batteries ECS4300H x 4
Dave Foster

As a rule these errors will come together, the first error is the real one that it’s complaining about ‘Bat Voltage Low’

That implies that as it was heading towards minSoC one or more of the cells in the battery went below the emergency cut voltage and the BMS disconnected - i.e. the pack is badly out of balance.

Turn the batteries off and open the battery isolator - leave them off for 15 minutes.

On your app set the minSoc on grid to 100% (the V2 app calls this battery reserve)

Close the battery isolator, turn on the batteries - they should power up and as the minsoc is set to 100% the inverter should start a maintenance charge, let it run like that for an hour and then return your minSoC to your normal setting (10%)

Assuming that has all worked, you need to put the batteries through a charge cycle so charge them all the way to 100%, then run the batteries down to 10% and repeat charge to 100% - that should have settled the balance down.

Are your battery firmware versions up to date ? - if unsure post what they are now and i’ll look up the latest.
IanHx

Thanks - it's the "turn the batteries off" bit thats got me stumped - I've watched a YouTube video about switching off DC then switching off AC and then switching off battery.... but mine look nothing like the video, can't seem to identify where the off button is ! It's not the sodding great silver thing on the front is it ?
Dave Foster

IanHx wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 10:33 pm Thanks - it's the "turn the batteries off" bit thats got me stumped - I've watched a YouTube video about switching off DC then switching off AC and then switching off battery.... but mine look nothing like the video, can't seem to identify where the off button is ! It's not the sodding great silver thing on the front is it ?
You've probably watched the power off and reset the inverter which is a much longer process, you need to be looking at your battery master (the top one), there is a power button and a breaker like DC switch which is the isolator like this image (click on it to zoom)
cm1.jpg
IanHx

Installer has been round. Now know about the isolator switch :)
Firmware updated.
More surprising though was moving the clamp off 1 wire and onto another in the opposite direction in the meter box.... will have to keep an eye on what gets reported as sent back to grid next sunny day....