Battery SOC via API not available

timsdrew

Hi.
Hoping someone can shed some light on this issue. Had my system installed in early March and linked to home assistant with the cloud connector, haven't gone the modbus route (yet).
From day 1, the Battery SOC metric has been unavailable, and when using other apps that rely on the API (energy stats) the SOC is also blank there. Interestingly, the SOC history graph in the 2.0 app is not available and just shows a flatline. My installer has raised with support, I've also logged a ticket directly with FoxEss but relatively frustrating to not have the SOC in home assistant.

Is this an issue other people are having? Appreciate any help or insights. (I did post this as a reply on other post, and DaveFoster said I might just need to wait, but it's been several weeks since so I suspect there is some sort of issue)
FoxEss Inverter H3 Pro 30.0
19.35kWh Battery (1 x FoxEss ECS2800 with 6 slaves)
14 x 550w panels Canadian Solar
Dave Foster

It would seem the H3 pro has an issue with battery soc display - the H3 pro is unique in that it can accept 2 separate battery stacks and it looks as if the apps don’t seem to be able to display this properly (ironically if it was plugged into the other connector it would display ok).

I’m not able to do it myself as I don’t have an inverter which supports 2 batteries but the V2 app allows you to swipe between multiple inverters on the same account so i’m wondering whether this is also possible if you select the battery page and swipe left/right to see if you can select the other battery.

They may already know but can you raise a support ticket on Fox so they know the apps have an issue showing the battery on the H3 pro (and it will help them to track issues).
timsdrew

Thanks for your reply and your help.

I think you're onto something with the fact that 2 batteries are supported and I only have 1. I can see SOC just fine on the 1st page of both the 1.0 and 2.0 apps. When I go into the 2.0 app, under devices and battery I see the SOC just fine:
soc-device.jpg
I know that if I have 2 batteries I could just swipe left or right between them, but don't have that option since I only have 1.
The issue is that the SOC history isn't available in the app or in the API (see SOC in energy stats):
soc graph.jpg
energy_stats.jpg
I have logged a ticket with foxess support so hopefully they'll be able to help. The longer this takes the more I'll be pushed to go the modbus route...
calum

I'd do it anyway. Their cloud platform is so wobbly I'm assuming it's hosted on a blancmange. Home assistant plus a suitable integration and you're laughing.
H1-3.7 / 6xHV2600 / 14x400W / RS485 Modbus->HA
FoxESS Modbus HA Integration
Contact Fox here
Dave Foster

calum wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:45 pm I'd do it anyway. Their cloud platform is so wobbly I'm assuming it's hosted on a blancmange. Home assistant plus a suitable integration and you're laughing.
I wish the forum had a 'like' button :)
timsdrew

calum wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:45 pm I'd do it anyway. Their cloud platform is so wobbly I'm assuming it's hosted on a blancmange. Home assistant plus a suitable integration and you're laughing.
You're probably right, but support for the H3 Pro doesn't seem great (for now) - "read BMS values" does that mean SOC wouldn't be available in home assistant via modbus?
Dave Foster

timsdrew wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:54 am
You're probably right, but support for the H3 Pro doesn't seem great (for now) - "read BMS values" does that mean SOC wouldn't be available in home assistant via modbus?
Yes you’re right, it is early days but the number of users is building - it is an open discussion on github and many of the registers have already been mapped (including battery soc), i’ll link you to the posts here https://github.com/nathanmarlor/foxess ... ssions/516 - stick a quick post on there to say you are also looking forward to the H3 integration and if you were willing to help out you can be involved in the early testing. :)
timsdrew

Dave Foster wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:49 am
timsdrew wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:54 am
Yes you’re right, it is early days but the number of users is building - it is an open discussion on github and many of the registers have already been mapped (including battery soc), i’ll link you to the posts here https://github.com/nathanmarlor/foxess ... ssions/516 - stick a quick post on there to say you are also looking forward to the H3 integration and if you were willing to help out you can be involved in the early testing. :)

Thanks! Will do so, looking at which connector to buy, unfortunately none available in my local suppliers (South Africa) so will have to import, could take a while.
Will
Site Admin

H3 Pro has now been mapped for modbus. Hopefully cloud API shortly.
Community Admin / FoxESS Professional

Buy me a coffee or Book a zoom meeting for remote consultancy

FoxESS Tri Inverter Installation
2 x KH Series Inverters
24 x HV2600 (62.4kWh)
32 x 490w across 4 arrays
Dual Tesla Household
Heatpump & Low Carbon Housebuild