Firmware updates

Northspoon

Is it possible for me, as an end user, to get firmware updates for the Foxess inverter and batteries, or does the installer need to do this?

My installer has done this for me, but I don't get to know what these updates give me.
Dave Foster

Fox don't provide release notes (we've asked and they've said they will consider it) but for now it's not available.

If you have a particular problem it is advisable to upgrade to the latest versions, but this does sometimes come with problems of it's own - if everything is working as it should its best to stay on current versions until it's necessary to change (because of new features for example).

It's easy enough to remotely upgrade inverters, so you can either ask your installer or email Fox service with your inverter serial number and ask for the firmware to be updated - they usually manage this within a few days.

If you let me know what inverter, and batteries you have along with your current firmware versions I can look up the latest for you.
Northspoon

Hello Dave,
Thank you for the quick reply. I don't think I need an update at the moment, as my installer did that a few weeks ago.

I just wondered if I could do it in the future, but if you say it comes with risks, then "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". It would be good to have some heads up about any new features that could be available, but if Fox don't advertise the updates, then I will leave it to my installer.