FoxESS mobile App - data not updating / Inverter offline

reef

Preston78 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 3:40 pm Hi, I had the same system update message yesterday. The app works fine now, but all my historic data is missing. Any advice on how to recover it?
See my thread in this section. The latest update to the v2.0 app broke all of the graphing. Hopefully this will be fixed on the next update.
andycmac

Hopefully this is the right thread to ask for help...

I can connect to the inverter dongle wifi and access the 192.168.1.1 page. However the available 2.4ghz SSID's are not showing. It looks like the options are a few months / years out of date and I can not get the dongle to refresh a current list of available networks, therefor I can not get it online.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Dave Foster

andycmac wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:37 am Hopefully this is the right thread to ask for help...

I can connect to the inverter dongle wifi and access the 192.168.1.1 page. However the available 2.4ghz SSID's are not showing. It looks like the options are a few months / years out of date and I can not get the dongle to refresh a current list of available networks, therefor I can not get it online.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
I guess the first thing to check is that you can actually receive wifi at the inverter - does your phone show a decent signal strength there ?

It would be worth doing a reset on the dongle, which basically involves doing a power cycle on it - there's 2 ways to do this, the easiest is to unscrew the collar on the dongle and pull it down to remove it - wait 5 seconds then plug it back in and screw the collar back up. - OR do a full power off shutdown on your inverter, which means turning the PV off, AC off, batteries off - wait for the inverter screen to be blank then reverse that process batteries on, AC on, PV on.