Energy Stats App failing to load data - Error message

EddyCurrent

Hello

I am relatively new to the Community Forum but have already found plenty of useful posts about how to get the best information from the Fox ESS system. I use both the FoxCloud App and the Energy Stats App, and, like many users, find the Energy Stats App much easier to understand.

However, over the past few days, I have found the Energy Stats App (on an Android device) is frequently failing to obtain and/or load the FoxCloud data and is just returning an error message.

Have any other users been experiencing similar issues with the Energy Stats App over the past few days ?

Or are there any suggestions on what might be the problem ?

Thanks

Eddy
Fox H1-5.0-E-G2 Inverter
Mira HV25 Master
Mira 3 x HV25 Slave (Total 7.5 kWh)
12 x Trina Vertex S 415W Panels. (6 South-facing, 6 East-facing)
Dave Foster

It’s not the app, it’s the Fox servers that are having issues - it has been reported to Fox (both UK & China) and they are looking into it.
Will
Site Admin

I've confirmed with Fox Ess that they're looking into the OpenAPI endpoint issue and I will update when I have more information.
Community Admin / FoxESS Professional

Buy me a coffee or Book a zoom meeting for remote consultancy

FoxESS Tri Inverter Installation
2 x KH Series Inverters
24 x HV2600 (62.4kWh)
32 x 490w across 4 arrays
Dual Tesla Household
Heatpump & Low Carbon Housebuild
EddyCurrent

Thanks.

Presumably this remains an ongoing problem since it is still hit or miss whether the data loads to the Energy Stats App.
Fox H1-5.0-E-G2 Inverter
Mira HV25 Master
Mira 3 x HV25 Slave (Total 7.5 kWh)
12 x Trina Vertex S 415W Panels. (6 South-facing, 6 East-facing)
Dad

Any update on a resolution for this yet? ES app is extremely flaky and even the Fox app is having a few issues loading data every five mins.

It feels as though since they have introduced the API requirement that their servers are not sized correctly to handle the load and they are prioritising Fox app connectivity over anything else… and even that is struggling.
Fox BMS v2
Fox ESS Hybrid Inverter 3.7
Mira HV25 x5
Trina solar panels x8
Ohme Pro EV charger
Skoda Enyaq
Dave Foster

I know Al is on at them several times a week but there's been no update yet on this, my test system is being used to benchmark the API performance which to be honest is unusable at certain times of day - the graph does however show the problems are cyclical and so if you avoid the peak times it works ok.
111.jpg
Dad

Thanks Dave.
Fox BMS v2
Fox ESS Hybrid Inverter 3.7
Mira HV25 x5
Trina solar panels x8
Ohme Pro EV charger
Skoda Enyaq
TonyDurrant

Dave Foster wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:10 pm I know Al is on at them several times a week but there's been no update yet on this, my test system is being used to benchmark the API performance which to be honest is unusable at certain times of day - the graph does however show the problems are cyclical and so if you avoid the peak times it works ok.

111.jpg
This issue has been really frustrating me, so I was really relieved when I saw your graph - It tells us that it will work at the half of the time that surrounds odd hour numbers (on BST ) - eg 12:30-13:29, but not so well on the even hours eg. 13:30-14:29.

This pattern suggests that the server hosting the API has a big process that repeats every 2 hours, so it should be easy for the Devs to spot. I'm sure that they wouldn't be running the API front-end on the same 'hardware' as the back-end processing (eg. summarising 5-minute chunks to hourly and daily totals), would they? Of course, waiting for additional hardware would explain the time needed for a fix...
FoxESS H1-6.0 Hybrid Inverter
3 x HV2600 (7.8kWh)
16 x 450w PV Panels
Zappi
EV Household
jsfoxe

Is it known to be broke today? Since around 10:30 I've been getting 41203 errors trying to retrieve the battery SoC and charge from grid schedule, and https://www.foxesscloud.com/ shows a blank for battery status and no control button:
20240531-fe-bat.png
reef

The Fox apps are working for me but as usual Energy Stats is pretty much unusable due to the API issues.
alpriest

Hi all, if you haven't already please could you update your Energy Stats to the latest version. For iOS this is 2.34, for Android this is 2.45.

This version increase internal cache times in an effort to fetch less often from FoxCloud whilst still retaining the same live data. As more people upgrade this may ease the pressure on FoxCloud servers benefitting everyone.

Thanks.