KH10.5 Latest firmware version

rkflyer

Could someone please advise the latest firmware versions for the KH10.5 please.

Currently ....

Master 1.30
Slaver 1.01
Arm 1.11

Home assistant integration by Nathan Marlow will only support very 1.9.0 and it suggests newer firmware is required for the latest.

Specifically looking to have forced charge/discharge control in HA

Thank you in anticipation
Dave Foster

The very latest versions are :-

Master 1.30
Slave 1.01
Manager (ARM) 1.22
rkflyer

Thank you Dave

Do you or anyone know if the HA ModBus add-on is fully supported by the KH10.5 as currently if I upgrade the add-on errors and won't connect to the inverter.

Is it the manager version that's responsible for the ModBus communication?

Many thanks

Ric
Dave Foster

Yes it’s the manager responsible for comms, you need 1.19 or above for the latest integration - if you get that updated you’ll have access to the new features such as force charge / discharge work modes.

Plus there are many fixes in the inverter, and maxsoc now works correctly.
rkflyer

Great, thankyou once again for such a swift reply

Now to push my installer again for the update :roll:

Ric
Will
Site Admin

An update for the KH was released today, these versions are now:

Master : 1.34
Slave : 1.01
Manager : 1.27
Community Admin / FoxESS Professional

Buy me a coffee or Book a zoom meeting for remote consultancy

FoxESS Tri Inverter Installation
2 x KH Series Inverters
24 x HV2600 (62.4kWh)
32 x 490w across 4 arrays
Dual Tesla Household
Heatpump & Low Carbon Housebuild
MaverickNapalm

Thanks Will (for this and all of the brilliant information that you provide).

Do you happen to know what this new KH update brings?

I upgraded my KH10 to the first version that enabled forced discharge. I then upgraded to the following edition which fixed some issues I had with force discharge. At the same time It seemed to reduced my peak production.
I had been seeing over 11kW (11.7 to be exact on the 7th April), even though it should only be capable of 10kW. After the most recent update I am seeing peak production at 10.5.

I'm not complaining as such as I'm still effectively getting more than I paid for, but it's still disappointing none the less.

Would be interested to know if you have any information on the features/fixes that come with today's new version.

Thanks again.
Only 11.1 when I caught it live in the app.
Only 11.1 when I caught it live in the app.
Dave Foster

MaverickNapalm wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:19 pm Thanks Will (for this and all of the brilliant information that you provide).

Do you happen to know what this new KH update brings?

I upgraded my KH10 to the first version that enabled forced discharge. I then upgraded to the following edition which fixed some issues I had with force discharge. At the same time It seemed to reduced my peak production.
I had been seeing over 11kW (11.7 to be exact on the 7th April), even though it should only be capable of 10kW. After the most recent update I am seeing peak production at 10.5.

I'm not complaining as such as I'm still effectively getting more than I paid for, but it's still disappointing none the less.

Would be interested to know if you have any information on the features/fixes that come with today's new version.

Thanks again. Screenshot_20240407-105642.png
The inverter itself will allow more than 10kW to be generated (DC) but you are limited to a maximum (AC) export of 10kW and the inverter can't generate any more power than it has a consumer for - *but* when your batteries are charging, as they are on the DC side they are not throttled by the inverters AC output limit and so the inverter can manage the extra solar generation - I think is what you were seeing. - your hard limit is the 10kW AC export limit, so it is always best with a large array to leave some space in the batteries to make use all of the generation.

You also tend to find that your solar output on a bright sunny day in April is higher than 'summer' as the panels begin to derate when they get hot - a sunny cold day in April really can be the sweetspot.
MaverickNapalm

Ah I see! That's great to know. Thank you so much :D
Will
Site Admin

Appears to add a new advanced option for N to PE bounding but I've requested more details.
Community Admin / FoxESS Professional

Buy me a coffee or Book a zoom meeting for remote consultancy

FoxESS Tri Inverter Installation
2 x KH Series Inverters
24 x HV2600 (62.4kWh)
32 x 490w across 4 arrays
Dual Tesla Household
Heatpump & Low Carbon Housebuild
rkflyer

Managed to get the update pushed, now on the latest as per Wills post

Master : 1.34
Slave : 1.01
Manager : 1.27
Bomber

Dave Foster wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 6:34 pm The very latest versions are :-

Master 1.30
Slave 1.01
Manager (ARM) 1.22
Hi Dave, haven't been on for a while, so I thought I would catch up. Then realised I hadn't updated anything since I installed the system. My versions are:
Master 1.16
Slave 1.01
Comms 1.11
How do I go about getting these updated? Bearing in mind, I only know 3 things about solar: what the panels are, what the batteries are and what the inverter is! lol! Hopefully it will be easy enough, as I haven't got an installer to do it for me. I managed to install the fox cloud on my PC, so maybe you do it through that?
Thanks for any info,
Cheers.
Dave Foster

Bomber wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:54 pm Hi Dave, haven't been on for a while, so I thought I would catch up. Then realised I hadn't updated anything since I installed the system. My versions are:
Master 1.16
Slave 1.01
Comms 1.11
How do I go about getting these updated? Bearing in mind, I only know 3 things about solar: what the panels are, what the batteries are and what the inverter is! lol! Hopefully it will be easy enough, as I haven't got an installer to do it for me. I managed to install the fox cloud on my PC, so maybe you do it through that?
Thanks for any info,
Cheers.
Hi,

The latest versions are Master 1.34, Manager (Comms) 1.27, Slave 1.01

You are quite a few versions behind, most are minor bug fixes but it has the addition of scheduling (the ability to do force discharge/charge and change work modes at set times of the day).

If you have agent access to the system, you can do it from the Foxesscloud website (via the menu item Inverter Remote Upgrade).
You have to copy and paste your inverter serial number into the search box and then it will list your inverter, select it and then click 'Upgrade' - you have to give it a task name, which firmware you want to do, set the timeout to 45 seconds (it's a bit fiddly but you'll get the hang of it).

Update the Master first and wait for it to complete which will take a while, once it's finished you can then do the Manager, that takes even longer (maybe 20 minutes) - and then when it's done after approx 5 minutes you'll see the latest versions shown on the website - your inverter panel will show immediately.
The inverter will do a restart during the Master upgrade.

If you haven't got agent access, by far the easiest way (assuming you have a datalogger connected) is to email foxess service and ask them to upgrade your inverter and they will do it for you.
Bomber

Dave Foster wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 1:10 pm
Bomber wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:54 pm Hi Dave, haven't been on for a while, so I thought I would catch up. Then realised I hadn't updated anything since I installed the system. My versions are:
Master 1.16
Slave 1.01
Comms 1.11
Thanks for any info,
Cheers.
Hi,

The latest versions are Master 1.34, Manager (Comms) 1.27, Slave 1.01

You are quite a few versions behind, most are minor bug fixes but it has the addition of scheduling (the ability to do force discharge/charge and change work modes at set times of the day).

If you have agent access to the system, you can do it from the Foxesscloud website (via the menu item Inverter Remote Upgrade).
You have to copy and paste your inverter serial number into the search box and then it will list your inverter, select it and then click 'Upgrade' - you have to give it a task name, which firmware you want to do, set the timeout to 45 seconds (it's a bit fiddly but you'll get the hang of it).

Update the Master first and wait for it to complete which will take a while, once it's finished you can then do the Manager, that takes even longer (maybe 20 minutes) - and then when it's done after approx 5 minutes you'll see the latest versions shown on the website - your inverter panel will show immediately.
The inverter will do a restart during the Master upgrade.

If you haven't got agent access, by far the easiest way (assuming you have a datalogger connected) is to email foxess service and ask them to upgrade your inverter and they will do it for you.
Hi Dave, thanks for the info. I havent got agent access. I wouldnt know how to even enable it! So, email fox seems the easiest way to do this. Cheers.
AlanHarwood

My Manager version is currently 1.31 (upgraded yesterday).
Dave Foster

AlanHarwood wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 2:38 pm My Manager version is currently 1.31 (upgraded yesterday).
Yep quite a few updates for these (and H1 G2) recently -

Just for reference whilst i’m looking

KH Firmware
Master 1.37
Manager 1.31

H1 G2 Firmware
Master 1.27
Manager 1.44