Fox ESS app not working

slubell41

My FoxESS app is not working and does not show real time data nor battery status. I either get message could read data because not correct format or error code 41200.
Any idea why this is happening or it is a temporary glitch in the system. My installer says he is unable to logt on as well. It has been working well up to now since connection last week.
:cry: Time Sunday AM 23rd April
slubell41

FoxESS status page says site is under maintenance until tomorrow AM.
jankowskier

I am actually looking for exactly that, but don't find it. Could you share the location of the status page please?
Nano1989

I’m having the same issue
Phil_P

You see the message re the server flash up briefly when you try to log in. I did note that the server down time period times were from 2022!!! I hope that was just a cut-n-paste issue.
Trevorminor

Exactly the same issues. It would help if they used the correct date on the error message.
Somehow it’s also caused issues with our Chargemaster car charger.
Hopefully all will be resolved when the maintenance is completed.
forest28PV

Was a hard day not to know what's coming in and going out.
so our carcar charger sucks out our battary and we had alway to check on our inverter the status
hopefully history will be updated afterwords.
NDFox99

We had the same problem. If you log into the FoxESS Cloud website it says:
"FOXESS is under maintenance from 2023.04.23 00:04:00 to 2023.04.24 04:00:00AM(UTC +0). Sorry about the inconvenience caused!"

So it should be back tomorrow morning at 04:00.

We can look at the Myenergi app for some of the information such as what is coming out of the invertor, plus the inverter physical control panel itself shows what it is currently doing at the moment. It's something at least.
Panels_____9.6 kWp array 24 panels Sharp 410W each, 12 East roof, 12 West roof, roof pitch 30 deg, estimated 5611 kWh per year - DC coupled
Inverter____6 kW Fox ESS hybrid (H1-6.0-E)
Batteries___7.5 kWh 3 x Fox ESS HV2600 2.56 kWh - DC coupled
Batt Rack__19" cabinet with space for 1 BMS and up to 4 batteries
Charger____7 kW Zappi v2
Hot water__3 kW Eddi v2.1
Myenergi Hub and Harvi / EPS full changeover switch (complete house on EPS) / installer UPS Solar
NDFox99

When the message flashed up on the app it was so quick I couldn't read it. So I used my iphone screen capture function (press home button and power button at the same time) and then could view it at my leisure!
Panels_____9.6 kWp array 24 panels Sharp 410W each, 12 East roof, 12 West roof, roof pitch 30 deg, estimated 5611 kWh per year - DC coupled
Inverter____6 kW Fox ESS hybrid (H1-6.0-E)
Batteries___7.5 kWh 3 x Fox ESS HV2600 2.56 kWh - DC coupled
Batt Rack__19" cabinet with space for 1 BMS and up to 4 batteries
Charger____7 kW Zappi v2
Hot water__3 kW Eddi v2.1
Myenergi Hub and Harvi / EPS full changeover switch (complete house on EPS) / installer UPS Solar
calum

This is the main reason to have something else set up to give you a view of what the system is up to, IMO. NodeRed, Home Assistant, whatever - just something that talks Modbus, can log the data and give you some stats and graphs. Otherwise you're hostage to what happens to Fox's cloud platform.
H1-3.7 / 6xHV2600 / 14x400W / RS485 Modbus->HA
FoxESS Modbus HA Integration
Contact Fox here
maoh1

Again down wtf. Just bought and had installed this system 4 days ago and 2 days it had not worked properly. In the morning app worked well, now is showing what battery offline and 0kw.

Do anyone know what I can use instead of this cloud? I can set it up, but I wanna know what to install
Clarkster

Hi all, same issue here too. Unfortunately had 2 planned power outages yesterday clouding the issue, but had a server maintenance message when trying to log in to app all day yesterday, although the date didn’t make sense.

I can now log into the app but it now shows the battery offline. I have tried a full isolation and restart several times to no avail.

Typically it’s a rare sunny day in Cumbria and it’s all going to waste!
adammarshall

Hi Yes, i have the same issue, App back up and running but show battery offline
Trevorminor

It looks like most features are back up and running. The battery off line bit being the most recent. Looking at their website it looks like historic date pre 23/4 will be restored on 6/5.

As the app doesn’t appear to be any different IE clearer, makes you wonder why we were subjected to the hassles yesterday. Perhaps it will improve on 6/5 too.
calum

maoh1 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:43 am Again down wtf. Just bought and had installed this system 4 days ago and 2 days it had not worked properly. In the morning app worked well, now is showing what battery offline and 0kw.

Do anyone know what I can use instead of this cloud? I can set it up, but I wanna know what to install
Home Assistant with modbus is the way forward. Completely avoids having to use the Foxcloud infrastructure.
H1-3.7 / 6xHV2600 / 14x400W / RS485 Modbus->HA
FoxESS Modbus HA Integration
Contact Fox here
CHorncliffe

My app is now working but according to the display the house is putting electricity into the battery. Is there a problem with the app?
fuzzballjunior

I’ve now got the same issue. Any ideas how to fix this? Server status is 100%
Annscullamus

I have this problem too. The app shows error 412000 ‘query data’ not responding’ or something like that. I have deleted and re downloaded the Energy stats app and the Foxess own app. Both are just blank. I have no idea why, and as a pensioner with No technical knowledge where do I go for help. My system was fitted on Aug 11 2023 so I am quite new, but the apps have worked perfectly since that date. Help !
Jibe

Have the same issue, also relatively newly installed system. I guess it is a maintenance downtime. Best is keep calm and wait. Maybe it will be up and running by tomorrow again. If not, call your Installer.

Update:12/10 --> works again for me :D
Last edited by Jibe on Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
H3-6.0-E Hybrid
ECS2900-H3 8,64 kWh
15 x 435 Wp panels
Barrovian

Annscullamus wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:14 pm I have this problem too. The app shows error 412000 ‘query data’ not responding’ or something like that. I have deleted and re downloaded the Energy stats app and the Foxess own app. Both are just blank. I have no idea why, and as a pensioner with No technical knowledge where do I go for help. My system was fitted on Aug 11 2023 so I am quite new, but the apps have worked perfectly since that date. Help !
Try not to worry. There are other posts on these forums and on the Fox Facebook groups from lots of other users all with the same issues you’re describing. And I’m one of them. The consensus is that Fox are doing work on their end and the result is both the Fox and Energy Stats apps are down. In the meantime as long as there are no error messages on the inverter itself, your system will be working as normal.
Tom Beckmann

Sadly neither of the Fox apps report server down or server error codes.

At the very least they should report that and give a status page url so we could go and see if it was a planned outage or not.
I have on occasion (but not this time) seen a "timed out" message.... but even that didn't remain on screen so is useless.

It went down for me today and has now come back up.