Export to grid battery settings - should it be set to 0?

markosabanovic

HI all, following on from the new FOX ESS 7.5 kWh battery system installed last month, I noticed that the batteries would export back into the grid once there was no load on the house and providing there was some juice in the batteries. As my PV system is already exporting I thought that having the batteries do the same would create problem for me as my FiT contract might be made invalid as it is based on the existing MCS certificate for PV capacity which is 3360 kW. I am one of those who was lucky enough to have the PV system installed before end of February 2012 after which the FiT prices were slashed. I still get 60 pence per kWh. Last calendar year the solar panels generated 4.1 MWh which was brilliant. My question is: was it correct to disable the export to the grid on the AC inverter (I've set it to 0)?
Fox H1-5.0-E inverter
3 x MIRA HV25 (7.5 kWh)
16 x 200W Array (installed 2012) with SolarEdge HD inverter
sandeeppatel

Did you ever get this reolved as I am too looking to reduce export to grid but not sure how to as Feed in is not so important for me.
Dave Foster

sandeeppatel wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:48 pm Did you ever get this reolved as I am too looking to reduce export to grid but not sure how to as Feed in is not so important for me.
You can reduce your export by changing the Export Control Limit in the inverter settings (from the inverter panel, or if you have an agent account)

The only thing to say is that it's rather self defeating and you may as well accept the feed in - When you are in the Self Use mode your house load is always covered first, then it charges your batteries, and only after that will any surplus be exported to the grid - if you reduce the grid export setting the inverter will then derate the MPPT as it cannot produce power without having a consumer for it.