Mode Schedule didn’t work

Ktisathom

New user here!

I watched a good video yesterday on how to set schedule to charge 2-5am and discharge 4-7pm. All times input, pressed submit and got success notification. Cleared the existing charge times on previous screen in app and pressed enable against schedule.

It hasn’t worked. The blue “enable” is still showing implying I haven’t enabled it. If I press again it still shows as enable (I would expect it to flip is disable if it was working).

Any ideas how to get the schedule to stick?

System only installed this week and the APP seems very glitchy. Three different screens with battery info all saying different things!
Attachments
IMG_0489.png
IMG_0490.png
Dave Foster

Hi and welcome to the world of Fox, as you've found the kit is really good but the apps are a work in progress.

Much of this is legacy as there only used to be the 2 charge periods, and then they added scheduler to do a variety of things - but you can't use them together so you have to choose one or the other.

If you are ok with the scheduler, just looking at that second screen you have posted there are couple of things to say - firstly that screen shows the list of things you have set in the schedule, you can enable them (as they are) or disable them independently so that the remainder of the items run. But none of them will run unless you have submitted them and the previous screen says Enable - it should really say Enable(d), which is confusing you but it is Enabled.

One other thing to mention is the app screen sometimes doesn't refresh - so you can enable something and it will still show as 'Disabled' and so you need to refresh the screen and come back in and it will show correctly.

All that said,

If I take your charge setting first it didn't charge because you set a maxSoC of 10% which is the same as your minSoC and basically tells it not to charge - your maxSoC should be 100%, and your minSoC set to 10%

'maxSoC' is the amount of charge the batteries are allowed to take from grid before it stops charging - at 10% it won't charge.

For force charge to work you should set
minSoC 10%
maxSoC 100%
FDSoC is ignored for charging but has to be set to something 10% is fine
FDPwr is ignored for charging but has to be set to something 5000 is fine.

i.e. this will charge at your maximum charge rate (governed by the batteries state of charge and temperature but usually between 3 & 5kW)

Moving on to your discharge, that looks correct
minSoC is set to 10% (correct)
maxSoC is ignored for discharge but best to set it to 100% so you get used to being consistent
FDSoC is 40% so that is power at which the batteries will cut off the discharge and 'reserve' for your home use
FDPwr is set to 5000 watts so assuming you want to dump your batteries at 5kW (it will be lower if you only have a 3.7kW inverter) it will export that amount (less any used to cover house load)

So that should have worked and discharged at full power as long as your batteries are above 40% SoC.
Ktisathom

Thank you, I should have spotted the max SOC @ 10% , ooops! Fingers crossed it works tonight.