Minimum SoC and Battery Reserve

AnnJones

Hi,
I am a complete novice and recently had a Fox ESS inverter and batteries installed. I've been trying to reduce the min SoC and battery reserve down from 20% to 10% but neither the app or website will let me. Any ideas on how to change this?

Many thanks
Dave Foster

Hi when you say it won’t let you, do you get an error message ?.

You have to set System min SoC first as Battery reserve cannot be set lower.
AnnJones

On the app, I changed the min SoC first and it said succeeded, then tried to change the battery reserve and it says "code:44098, write failure" and then reverts both settings back to 20%. On the website it won't let me even select the numbers to change them
Dave Foster

Hmm, it sounds like the wifi signal at your inverter is too weak and it is struggling to write to it.

Where is the inverter located, can you access the menu via the front panel ?

You could also try powering off and on your house broadband router, then wait 5 minutes after it is back on and try again - it’s best to do it on the website as if you can’t select the numbers it hasn’t been able to read them.
AnnJones

Thanks. It is in the garage, I can access the front panel, so will give that a try
Dave Foster

Ok, from the menu it’s under Setting, Battery - in that menu the 2 settings are called MinSoc (‘system min soc’) and On Grid Min Soc (‘battery reserve’)
AnnJones

That worked thank you very much