Firmware Versions Release Notes?

Domin2000

Hi all,

i have the inverter Fox ESS H3 5.0E
i get the Master FW from 1.95 to 2.01
and Manager from 1.77 to 1.80 updated

Question: Is it possible to get the Change Notes from the Versions? I can't see anything even with the agent account.
I know that Master FW 2.01 have smaller startup voltage from 160V to 140V and there are new entries which can be configured.

Another: Question: For what are these 3 FW Parts. What stands master/slave/manager for?

Regards,
Dave Foster

Fox don’t publish release notes currently, we have asked them to and they have said they need to consider what form it will take, but as yet there is no further information.

The most significant addition I am aware of in this H3 release is the ability to add a grid compensation setting that allows the system to correctly work out your loads vs its own internal usage - this setting can only be made by an agent account so if you upgrade to this you may need your installer or Fox to make this setting for you if it is important to you.

On the firmware, the Master and Slave are essentially the core processing that deals with all of the inverters power flow management (MPPT’s, grid tracking etc..)
The Manager (ARM) is the higher level functions such as schedules, charge time, settings, WiFi, parallel operation, modbus, DRM, meters (all external comms)
Domin2000

Dave Foster wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:49 am Fox don’t publish release notes currently, we have asked them to and they have said they need to consider what form it will take, but as yet there is no further information.

The most significant addition I am aware of in this H3 release is the ability to add a grid compensation setting that allows the system to correctly work out your loads vs its own internal usage - this setting can only be made by an agent account so if you upgrade to this you may need your installer or Fox to make this setting for you if it is important to you.

On the firmware, the Master and Slave are essentially the core processing that deals with all of the inverters power flow management (MPPT’s, grid tracking etc..)
The Manager (ARM) is the higher level functions such as schedules, charge time, settings, WiFi, parallel operation, modbus, DRM, meters (all external comms)
Thank you for the information!
But I think it is quite normal to publish release notes as it is "standard" for other software. Maybe some changes are secret ;-)
Yes as you mentioned, I changed the parameter "MeterCompensation" to "-20W" because my inverter took to much power from grid.
There is also a new standby mode.
Another thing i also observed after firmwareupdate to 2.01, my inverter does not cut off PV Power @4kw any more; now it goes to 5,8kw (i have 5,63kwp on the roof)...