Hybrid KH10 High self consumption

raymartcamus

Hi I have units parallel of 10.5KH hybrid, its seems that self-consumption reaches 160-300W multiply by 5, so i have over 1KW inverter self consumption. Its high, all that savings I have in the harvest will be net out because of this high self consumption of the inverters. Anyone knows how to lower it down?

Im running on firmware:
Master Version 1.34
Slave Version 1.01
Manager Version 1.27.

Thank you!
Dave Foster

I’m not sure how you are measuring self consumption, don’t forget there are losses involved when converting PV generation DC into AC and in the MPPT’s, the losses when putting power into the batteries, and recovering it later all of which will take their toll.
There’s a good diagram here which shows where the main losses are and what their scale is https://github.com/TonyM1958/HA-FoxESS ... it-work%3F

In parallel the inverters will all be following the meter on the master and so the real time data is likely to lag slightly because of the inter-inverter comms.

I would normally expect that the inverter/batteries/BMS to have a self consumption of typically between 70 and 120 watts, but I have heard higher on large systems.

Might be worth asking Fox service to investigate, not least there are newer versions of firmware available which may help if you update. (Master 1.37, Manager 1.31)