App says OFF GRID Offline

huminga1

Hello,
New to all of this. The App went off line, no idea why. Is there a method of reconnecting it? We have had no instruction from our installers about what to do in this event.
Any advice gratefully received.
Many thanks
Bel
Dave Foster

When you say the app went off-line, is the app working but the inverter is off-line, or is the app not working.

If the app is working but the inverter is showing off-line, your inverter has lost it's internet connection - have you recently changed broadband provider ?
Kipya Mitzov

Is there possible dongle failure? My system has been OFF GRID off line for over 6 months. Neither the supplier nor the electricity company have a clue as to what is wrong
Dave Foster

Kipya Mitzov wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 8:55 am Is there possible dongle failure? My system has been OFF GRID off line for over 6 months. Neither the supplier nor the electricity company have a clue as to what is wrong
The dongle has a red light on it, if it is flashing rapidly then it isn't connected to the internet and the inverter will report off-line - if it is flashing slowly with an occasional flash of green then it is connected to the cloud.

But when you say off-grid, do you mean off-line i.e. not reporting its status to the cloud, or is the inverter running in EPS (backup) mode which means it is not connected to the grid.
Kipya Mitzov

The dongle is flashing red continuously, which the installers have reported as ‘correct’. There is no green light. The ‘OFF GRID’ term comes from the app which reports OFF GRID offline - whatever it means by that. The electricity supplier reports significantly more being sent to the grid than is being consumed through the domestic circuit. I have batteries which remain unused, and a system which isn’t working.
Dave Foster

If the red light is flashing slowly (approx every second) it thinks it is connected to the internet, but if it’s flashing rapidly it has no connection.

If it is a fast red then this video guide explains how to connect it to your wifi https://youtu.be/Gy8ASwQ984A?si=qpGOCfl31Cd36LsX

If the inverter is running normally which it sounds like it is because you are exporting more to the grid than is incoming, the batteries will be charging from solar and then overnight when there is no solar they will be discharging to cover the house load.

Admittedly without an app connection you won’t be able to tell any of this, but from what you have said the core equipment is working - the installer is responsible for making sure they leave you with a working app, if you cannot see the app status they really need to support you in connecting it properly.