Charging performance

Megadethmaniac

Had an inverter & Battery added to my Solaredge panels last December. We are now starting to see some nice winter sun down in the south East and the charging rates have been picking up quite nicely. I`ve been getting 1.7-2 kwh out of my 6080w panels.

The "load on the house is typically 250-400w and so I`m charging the battery. The issue is that the app shows that I seem to be topping out around 1000 - 1100w and beyond that it seems to be going to the grid? Any ideas why?

Surely it should only go to grid when the batteries full? That`s certainly how it was sold
Dave Foster

Megadethmaniac wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:40 am
The "load on the house is typically 250-400w and so I`m charging the battery. The issue is that the app shows that I seem to be topping out around 1000 - 1100w and beyond that it seems to be going to the grid? Any ideas why?

Surely it should only go to grid when the batteries full? That`s certainly how it was sold
It's quite normal in cold weather, if the batteries are cold the BMS will self limit the charge rate, particularly as they approach full
Megadethmaniac

Dave,

Thanks for the info. The batteries probably would have been around 75% full, i imagine, as they are 85% now with charging having slowed and now balancing the solar supply and house load. It is cold here my weather app suggesting 6c

Something to keep an eye on.

As they say you learn more every day and with new toys there is always new stuff to learn