Installer bankrupt

philippe_d

I have had a Fox-ESS H1-5.0-E1 for over one year.
Now my installer (GUTAMI, Belgium) has gone bankrupt.

I would like to have installer access to my inverter.

What should I do?

Ragrds
Philippe
Solar Panels: 15 x Phono solar 400Wp mono (6 kWp)
Orientation: South-East (136°)
Roof slope: 30°
Inverter: FOX H1-5.0E hybride (5 kW)
Dave Foster

The easiest option is to replace your datalogger, create a new installer account and add the new datalogger serial number to it - your inverter will then show in your new installer account.
Will
Site Admin

The new installer can contact fox and fox can remove the previous binding and allow the inverter and datalogger to be adaptable again. No need to buy anything it's all just software and database records that Fox are happy to help.
Community Admin / FoxESS Professional

Buy me a coffee or Book a zoom meeting for remote consultancy

FoxESS Tri Inverter Installation
2 x KH Series Inverters
24 x HV2600 (62.4kWh)
32 x 490w across 4 arrays
Dual Tesla Household
Heatpump & Low Carbon Housebuild
AnnetteBishop

my installer is still in business but the tech guy refuses to answer or return my calls, I think because he does not know the answers to my queries (eg how do I integrate my system to Agile rates on octopus). There are also a couple of issues with the install. If they refuse to engage with me how does this impact managing the system, warranties and service issues? Any clues anyone.
Dave Foster

AnnetteBishop wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:47 pm my installer is still in business but the tech guy refuses to answer or return my calls, I think because he does not know the answers to my queries (eg how do I integrate my system to Agile rates on octopus). There are also a couple of issues with the install. If they refuse to engage with me how does this impact managing the system, warranties and service issues? Any clues anyone.
I can understand with the complexity of the modern solar systems and the constant changing specifications (such as force discharge / agile integration etc..) they may struggle with some of the user orientated issues which is why these forums were started to fill that gap - but ultimately your contract is with the installer so keeping a working relationship with them is best for your warranty and any post install issues (as painful as that might be).

For firmware and Foxess equipment, if the installer isn’t responding Foxess will support with firmware related issues, but for the inverter and batteries you would need a qualified technician they could liaise with.

I’ve not used the agile integration myself but heard a number of people say it may still be early days for it’s development yet - have you been on the Facebook group, I know there are quite a few users there that are using it with various levels of success but you’ll also get any of the workarounds or methods they’ve adopted to manage it. The group is here https://www.facebook.com/groups/foxessownersgroup
graham

AnnetteBishop wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:47 pm my installer is still in business but the tech guy refuses to answer or return my calls, I think because he does not know the answers to my queries (eg how do I integrate my system to Agile rates on octopus). There are also a couple of issues with the install. If they refuse to engage with me how does this impact managing the system, warranties and service issues? Any clues anyone.
I think I have the same question about Octopus Agile.
Graham Fountain