New customer, trying to get the hang of solar!

Marknree

Hi, only just had our system installed today, and no panels till tomorrow. Is it normal to have a load of -8.5kw when virtually nothing is on in the house? Will this change once the panels have been installed? Am I just nervous about something I am learning about?
Oh, if I put a load on, kettle, oven, I see no change on the inverter screen, just random low 20’s wattage.

Mark
Dave Foster

Welcome to solar, you’re going to be busy for the next few weeks learning everything there is to learn.

If you are seeing a negative load it is wrong, probably the CT clamp is facing the wrong direction - make sure when the panels are in that you are seeing a positive load value and if there is enough solar that your battery is charging or you are exporting to the grid.

Just to say the app only takes a data sample every 5 minutes so what you are seeing could have happened up to 5 minutes ago (it’s not real time)

Any questions post here, or pop over to the Facebook usergroup https://www.facebook.com/groups/foxessownersgroup there’s lots of information on both 👍