Can I set the time that the battery is not used?

Northspoon

I have Economy 7 with a cheaper rate at night. I have set the battery to charge during that period, but can I also set the battery not to be used during those hours?

For example if I set the washing machine to be used overnight, I want that to be taken from the grid, not the battery, so I have a full battery to be used during peak periods..
Dave Foster

Yes if you set a charge period but leave the 'charge from grid switch' off that will not allow the batteries to be discharged (and they won't charge either).
Northspoon

I might have misunderstood what you have said, but I want the batteries to charge during the Economy 7 night period, but want other demand (like the washing machine) to only use the grid during the night, so I have a full battery in the morning.
Dave Foster

Ok, when the batteries are charging they won’t be used for any of the house load so washing machines etc.. would all come from the grid. If you set your batteries to charge for the whole of the economy 7 period - they will be full (hopefully) before it ends but even when they get full as long as they are set to charge they won’t be used.

Or if you only want to charge for the first 2 hours of the economy 7 period but stop them discharging for the remainder, set a charge period for the start (for 2 hours) with charge from grid on - then set a period to follow to the end of economy y with charge from grid off (which stops them discharging).

I.e. if economy 7 starts at 12:30 until 7:30, set charge period 1 12:30-02:30 grid charge on and 02:31-07:30 grid charge off
Northspoon

Thank you.