System offline

Heather

My system has been offline since this afternoon and I have a rapidly flashing red light on the dongle.

I've switched the inverter off and back on again.

I've connected to the Wifi network for the system (the one beginning W - XXXXXXX) which tells me there isn't an internet connection.

I've gone through to 192.168.1.1 and what looks like the right screen has come up with my home wifi name on it but it will not accept my home wifi password, it tells me it's failed.

I read on a different thread that I need the datalogger password but that hasn't worked and I don't have the option of the system network SSID (W-XXXXXXX) on the drop down menu.

I have unplugged the dongle for around a minute as per another thread I found.

I changed my broadband last week but changed the new broadband to the old broadband SSID name and password and everything has been working well.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Many thanks

Heather
Dave Foster

Sounds like you’ve done most of the obvious things, if you haven’t already I would restart you router as that sounds like it’s blocking the connection - after the restart wait a couple of minutes and look at the red light on the dongle, if it’s flashing red slowly it has connected and you should be seeing online shortly.
If it is still flashing red rapidly it hasn’t connected, so then retry connecting using your tablet / phone to the dongle’s ssid ‘W-xxxxxx’, enter the password to connect mtmt2020 and connect to 192.168.1.1 address.

You may need to tell your phone/tablet to forget your routers ssid, because there is no internet on the dongle it often disconnects halfway through the process of selecting your ssid and password, the dongle should allow you to save the settings and after 30 seconds it should settle down to a slow red flash.

Just FYI - the dongle is only able to connect on the 2.4Ghz band - some routers have problems with this when they have dual bands using the same ssid name, for some changing the wifi ssid’s so they don’t have the same name works well i.e. your 2.4ghz band use the same name as now, for your 5ghz band append 5g on the end so it is different.

See how you get on with all of that, there are a couple of options to simplify things but it requires spending £25 on a wifi extender, but hopefully it’ll be working after this.
Heather

Thanks Dave. Will try all of the above.
Heather

It worked!!
The part that worked for me was telling my phone to forget my home network and everything saved after that.
Thank you again Dave!