H1 Hybrid Inverter

shine

Hello Team,

Im newbie, and i have Solar Panel & Bettery installed, connecting via wifi data loger in my out building. However the engineer installed a WIFI extender which outside plugged in and sometimes goes offline (was a cheap mesh Extender).

I was wondering as I have noticed 2 ethernet ports on the Inverter - is there away connecting a cat5\6 cable to a switch which already connecting to a long wire to my home router. I beleive one ethernet port says Comms.

Do you think I need to remove the wifi logger already blinking red - and then connect ethernet cable to a switch port. In the out building I already have HIK vision CCTV which connected via POE switch, theres already 2 free ports I was thinking I can connect straight to this?

I tried connecting already but there was no activity - Im with SKY is there anything i shoud change on the sky router in order to get this connected is it capable to connect via LAN cable?
Dave Foster

You can’t use the LAN port for that, it used to be used for modbus communications but it has been disabled for some time in the firmware because of it crashing the inverter.

What you need is to replace your existing wifi datalogger with the LAN version - that new datalogger will provide you with an ethernet port you can plug into your switch.

See here https://www.itstechnologies.shop/produc ... ring-stick or https://www.powerland.co.uk/products/fo ... ring-stick or https://theecosupermarket.co.uk/product ... ing-stick/
shine

So the 2x Ethernet LAN ports underneath the H1 Inverter are pointless or used for something else?
Dave Foster

shine wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:11 pm So the 2x Ethernet LAN ports underneath the H1 Inverter are pointless or used for something else?
There’s a single ethernet port on the older H1 (newer H1’s do not have this) - I think the 2 ports you are referring to are actually the Canbus ports that are used for DRM in certain markets
shine

Thank you I will order this - do you know with the LAN Stick do I need to crimp the wire or just insert the ethernet port into the female an screw in?
Dave Foster

shine wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:08 pm Thank you I will order this - do you know with the LAN Stick do I need to crimp the wire or just insert the ethernet port into the female an screw in?
It's an RJ45 port on the unit, you pass a standard LAN cable through the gland on the bottom, plug it into the RJ45 socket and tighten up the gland - then it fits where the wifi datalogger was (unscrew and pull it out)
canton7

Be aware that newer H1's have a USB port for the datalogger instead of an RS485 port. Make sure you get the right sort of datalogger!
shine

Thank you for the Note.

Appologies if im repeating myself, spoken to the Solar engineer he said its the USB that plugs in from the top, which is the correct one to order please?

Much appreciated!!