Fox ESS Cloud - access inverter settings

cutlea01

Using the Fox ESS Cloud access, I can see and monitor my system, I can set the force charge options and times. But I have no other access to set the system parameters. I presume this is because my account is an End User account? How can I get elevated access, presumably I need to have an installer or agent account? I change and set the battery max SoC depending on the next day's predicted weather. To do so means I need to access the inverter front panel, which is in the loft, remote access would be so much simpler.

Thanks to anyone who can assist!
Will
Site Admin

If you have any form of warranty with your installer you normally can't have access to the installer configuration. If you want installer access you sign up for an installer-type account and bound the site to your installer profile also. Worth noting your installer will lose access and be unable to help you remotely.
Community Admin / FoxESS Professional

Buy me a coffee or Book a zoom meeting for remote consultancy

FoxESS Tri Inverter Installation
2 x KH Series Inverters
24 x HV2600 (62.4kWh)
32 x 490w across 4 arrays
Dual Tesla Household
Heatpump & Low Carbon Housebuild
cutlea01

Thanks for the info Will. I created an Installer account, but when I try to bind the user account to it I get the error:

"41813-The account has joined other organizations"

I presume this is because it is bound to the installer or agent account of the company who installed my equipment already? And to gain access I guess I'd need to ask them to unbind it?
cutlea01

Now solved. For the benefit of others who may be in a similar situation:

Having spoken to my solar company, who had my site setup in their agent account in Fox Ess Cloud, this explained why I could not bind it to my installer account in Fox Ess Cloud, as a site can only bind with one account. My installer deleted my site from their agent account and I was then able to add the site (using the datalogger serial number) to my installer account and therefore now I'm able to access the inverter settings remotely. The downside of course is the solar company cannot remotely check the system and rectify faults, however they trust I know what I'm doing and won't configure any inappropriate settings.