Buy me a coffee or Book a zoom meeting for remote consultancy

FoxESS Tri Inverter Installation
2 x KH Series Inverters
24 x HV2600 (62.4kWh)
32 x 490w across 4 arrays
Dual Tesla Household
Heatpump & Low Carbon Housebuild
Skip62

Hi, Can you tell me please how to accomplish this with the newer software for iPhone that has changed the options. As it’s getting nearer to winter it will soon be time to charge the EV overnight as apposed to the solar panels through the day and I don’t want to discharge the batteries. Thank you.
Dave Foster

Skip62 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:18 pm Hi, Can you tell me please how to accomplish this with the newer software for iPhone that has changed the options. As it’s getting nearer to winter it will soon be time to charge the EV overnight as apposed to the solar panels through the day and I don’t want to discharge the batteries. Thank you.
The app has removed the 'Force charge' switch however if you set a time period and leave the 'charge from grid' off then it will be the same as having the force charge switch on.
i.e. If you set a time period with charge from grid switched off, the batteries will not be charged from grid, they will allow charge from solar and will not allow any discharge (not feed the house).

For Grid Charging it is simpler than it used to be as now you only have to set a time period, turn the Enable charge from grid on and the batteries will charge between that period.

If you want to charge from the grid over midnight e.g. start at 11:30 pm and end at 5:30am then you set 2 periods.
Time Period 1: 11:30pm - 11:59pm, Enable charge from grid on
Time Period 2: 12:00am to 05:30am, Enable charge from grid on

If you want to charge from the grid from 2am to 5am then set 1 period
Time Period 1: 02:00am - 05:00am, Enable charge from grid on

Dont' forget to press the first 'Save' button immediately below the time periods
SteveF

Hi,
I am trying to enable a 'forced' charge from the grid but the panel only 'Enable charge from the grid' and NOT 'Enable forced charge from the grid'.
How can I make this change?
Thanks
calum

If you enable "Charge from grid" along with setting a start and end time, the system will charge until the battery is full or the defined period ends. If you don't enable "Charge from grid" but you only set a start and end time, the system will pull from the grid and not discharge the battery during that time.

If you set both start and end time to 00:00, that charge period is deactivated and the system will supply demand from the battery, subject to SoC and inverter capacity.
H1-3.7 / 6xHV2600 / 14x400W / RS485 Modbus->HA
FoxESS Modbus HA Integration
Contact Fox here
SteveF

Hi Callum,
Thanks for your reply. However, as we are on Octopus Agile I am trying to force the batteries (4 off) to charge from the grid. I did set a period between midnight and 7.00am but looking at the graph on the App all I could see in that 7 hour perid was a couple of 30 minute sessions when the grid snt a but of charge to the batteries. In total less than 2kW went in! I was hoping that the batteries would be close to being fully charged.
I'm suspicious that the panel to select the charging option (e.g. Time period 1 and 2 together with SoC setting) only refers to "enable charge from the grid" and NOT "Enable forced charge from the grid". All the posts and advice refers to the 2forced" charge option.
Am I missing something?
Thanks,
Steve
Batt Charge Force.jpg
calum

Fox have changed the interface since most of those posts and guides were written, it behaves as I described above now (which is closer to the actual interface on the physical front panel of the inverter).

Separately, can I ask where your batteries are stored? Cold temperatures will cause the BMS to reduce the charging current, to protect them from harm. I think that's the much more likely cause of the slow charging.
H1-3.7 / 6xHV2600 / 14x400W / RS485 Modbus->HA
FoxESS Modbus HA Integration
Contact Fox here