Hi!

Welcome to the forum, feel free to say hi and show off your installation photos and share your experience.
L2

Hello everyone, thanks to those involved in setting this up, it’s exactly what I’ve been looking for since getting my system in March this year.
I’m looking forward to hopefully learning more and seeing the forum develop
14 x 395w Trina Vertex S panels; H1-5.0 FoxESS Hybrid Inverter;
10.4kw FoxESS HV2600 Battery Storage
Solar PV & Battery installed Spring 2022, Northern England, Roof is 140 degree SE facing with zero shading. Battery capacity increased from 5.2 to 10.4kw late 2023.
Will
Site Admin

Welcome, great system.
Community Admin / FoxESS Professional

Buy me a coffee or Book a zoom meeting for remote consultancy

FoxESS Tri Inverter Installation
2 x KH Series Inverters
24 x HV2600 (62.4kWh)
32 x 490w across 4 arrays
Dual Tesla Household
Heatpump & Low Carbon Housebuild
L2

Thanks 😊 I think I’ve been doing like most people and wondering if I should have got more battery storage but it’s still getting us through to approx 5-6am after decent weather days purely on Solar charging and we’ve load shifted to the sunny days everything we possibly can so I think I’ll wait and see what happens with pricing and new battery tech before buying more especially as now I know the inverter could have been bigger so once this system has paid back I’m tempted to upgrade inverter and maybe add new batteries then if needed.
The one thing I wish I’d understood more before buying was that the inverters come in different sizes and the implications of that with clipping but none of the companies I got to quote mentioned the inverter size as something which was a choice.
I feel I’ve learnt a fair amount on various forums and the FoxESS FB group since installation though so with any luck I can get the best out of this system.
So far it’s paying back a lot faster than expected!
Solar PV & Battery installed Spring 2022, Northern England, Roof is 140 degree SE facing with zero shading. Battery capacity increased from 5.2 to 10.4kw late 2023.
Will
Site Admin

Only having 2 x HV2600 will give you a completely different experience than those with more is what i've seen.
As they're connected in serial, the battery load is less with the more you add. I've extended people from 2 to 4 and they've been very pleased with the performance difference on top of the extra capacity. You'll be cycling them a lot less with two more, so the life of the batteries will increase way beyond the cost of the extra cells when it comes to ROI.
As electric prices increase your time to value will decrease so you can't really go wrong in current climates.

Only word fo advice would be to watch how this BMS v2 topic evolves before committing to more packs.
Community Admin / FoxESS Professional

Buy me a coffee or Book a zoom meeting for remote consultancy

FoxESS Tri Inverter Installation
2 x KH Series Inverters
24 x HV2600 (62.4kWh)
32 x 490w across 4 arrays
Dual Tesla Household
Heatpump & Low Carbon Housebuild
L2

Thanks, that’s really helpful. Yes I’ve seen the BMS version difference discussions so I’ll keep an eye on that and see if we can increase battery capacity sooner as we do have room for a few panels on either W or NW facing roof so could potentially get VAT free on the batteries by installing on there if the inverter can cope.