Alternative apps

captaincaveman

I am looking to gain more information from the system but I have several issues:

1: I do not know the installers code, its not recorded in the fox cloud app. Neither do I know the password, but I could just reset that.

What is the impact of regestering on the cloud without the installers code?

2: looking at FOXESS https://www.fox-ess.com/wp-content/uplo ... rguide.pdf it is talking about PowerView, but in trying to create plant, its asking for a SN and KEY, but the wifi module does not have a KEY printed on it only the SN.
Any thoughts?

Does anyone know of any other apps that they might recomend?

Thanks in advance
15 x JA Solar 365W Mono MBB Percium Half-Cell Array - WSW Facing - split roof - 4 panels on low pitch
1 x H1AC1 Series 5.0 Inverter.
3 x Fox ESS HV2600 HV Batteries (faulty awaiting replacement (installer error))
Will
Site Admin

End users don't need an installer code to pair their datalogger to the cloud, installer codes allow installers to bind your system to their account so they can manage it for you remotely.
Community Admin / FoxESS Professional

Buy me a coffee or Book a zoom meeting for remote consultancy

FoxESS Tri Inverter Installation
2 x KH Series Inverters
24 x HV2600 (62.4kWh)
32 x 490w across 4 arrays
Dual Tesla Household
Heatpump & Low Carbon Housebuild
usman.aafrine@gmail.com

Hi

First time poster because my app is currently not working at all and the FoxCloud website is down for 24hrs of maintenance!

1. Are there any alternative apps? The current app is ok but could be better

2. Where can I send feedback and Do FoxCloud actually take it on? I appreciate their company function but they are not the easiest to engage with!

Thanks

Oz
4.62 kW system
12 x 385W panels
1 x F3600 inverter
2 x 8v 2600 Batteries
Ipye

In terms of alternative app an easy option is Energy Stats. Search Google and apple store for it. It's free made by an end user. It depends on the data in Fox Cloud so don't expect it to give you loads more but it is easier and clearer to use. Also if you join the Fox Ess/Battery Owners Group on facebook the guy who wrote it is quite active there so you can ask him for new features if they are possible.
mossdale

Just installed "Energy Stats" but when I try to log in I get the same message as the Fox ESS app gives "41200 data query failed" . I am trying to log in using the username and password that I use for the Fox ESS app. Apparently the fox site is functioning?

Thanks, any help appreciated.
Barrovian

mossdale wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:17 pm Just installed "Energy Stats" but when I try to log in I get the same message as the Fox ESS app gives "41200 data query failed" . I am trying to log in using the username and password that I use for the Fox ESS app. Apparently the fox site is functioning?

Thanks, any help appreciated.
If the Fox Ess app doesn’t work, neither will Energy Stats as they get data from the same source. Yesterday was a bad day as the Fox Cloud was off line for most of the afternoon & evening (UK time) However, all seems to be up and running now so try again to log into Energy Stats and you should be good to go.