Bms internal fault?

Nelly

Hi, last night in Andover Hants, we had very bad thunderstorms with a lot of lightning, and I've woken up this morning to find my batteries offline and the inverter saying internal bms fault? Is my bms fried? I have shut everything down and restarted a couple of times, but still nothing. Also, the app saying system offline? Any help much appreciated,
Neil.
Nelly

Please see attached picture.
Attachments
20230918_093231.jpg
Nelly

Also this was last reading from app before going offline but the batteries are set to charge between 2am and 5am?
Attachments
Screenshot_20230918_094738_FoxCloud.jpg
Dave Foster

The error is because the communications between inverter and/or BMS and battery packs is not working correctly.

When you say you have restarted, when you turned the inverter off, did you also turn the batteries off and open the battery isolator switch (on the battery) - if you haven't done that can you try it, if you have done that can you make sure that any comms cables between batteries and inverter (usually labelled Canbus or RS485) have all been pushed firmly into place.

Failing that it does sound like you may have an issue with the BMS hardware - probably best to notify your installer and let them handle it.
Nelly

Thanks for reply Dave, yes have done all of your suggestions already and no joy.