EP6 & EP12 DC MCB
Am I right in thinking these batteries do not have an integral DC MCB? I see lots of installation photos where no external MCB is installed. What is Fox's recommendation?
Re: EP6 & EP12 DC MCB
All Fox batteries have a built in DC switch that completely isolates the battery terminals, no further DC circuit breakers are required.
Re: EP6 & EP12 DC MCB
Hi, that is for isolation, what about short circuit and overcurrent protection?
Re: EP6 & EP12 DC MCB
HybridEnergyLtd wrote: ↑Wed Oct 07, 2026 2:16 pm Hi, that is for isolation, what about short circuit and overcurrent protection?
You asked specifically about MCB’s, which I answered; the batteries have an internal contactor that can isolate the battery if a fault is seen, and internal fuses (non consumer replaceable) that isolate the battery packs in the event of over current or short circuit.
Re: EP6 & EP12 DC MCB
Thanks for your help Dave. :)
Post Reply