Battery cycle efficiency
Looking at battery details in the app the total charged energy is 2MWh, total discharged energy is 1.6MWh, giving apparent cycle round trip efficiency of 80%.
This seems lower than claims I think I recall seeing of 95%.
Anyone else noted this?
Do these figures represent battery only does anyone know, or is measurement such that Inverter losses would also be included?
Attachments:
Screenshot_20261004_160827_FoxCloud20.jpg
H1 5.0 E G2 inverter
EP11 battery
3680W solar 8 panels
Re: Battery cycle efficiency
I have same results as you do, and no doubt everyone else.

I am not sure how Fox make that figure up, but the BMS needs power for sure, during the night the battery powers the inverter (unless I am told otherwise) as there is no grid draw.
Re: Battery cycle efficiency
Oh well, it is what it is.
Just slightly compromises the feeling of smugness from charging overnight at 10p and selling back surplus during day at 12p.
H1 5.0 E G2 inverter
EP11 battery
3680W solar 8 panels
Re: Battery cycle efficiency
On the face of it, a £2,000 battery divided by say 6,000 cycles = 33p each day (or close to 3.5p per kWh)
I 'zoom' out a little to see the bigger picture of how small my electric bill has become and remain happy. Between export and savings from not importing electric, I save ~£1200 pa. In short, it's the bottom line I am thinking about more than cost per cycle, and once it has paid for itself, a little profit to put towards a new battery.

If you can run your house on 10p/kWh electric all day, then compared to 25p (or higher) rates, there's your 'win' and I would take that all day.

But it would be nice to know how Fox created that figure in the app though for sure.
Post Reply