has anyone else found that the solcast daily limit of 10 API calls seems to get used up much quicker after Fox changed their API? I looked at the solar forecast one yesterday from Energy Stats, when I looked at it again today (more than 24 hours later) I get the "You have exceeded your free daily limit". Very frustrating
Hello,
has anyone else found that the solcast daily limit of 10 API calls seems to get used up much quicker after Fox changed their API? I looked at the solar forecast one yesterday from Energy Stats, when I looked at it again today (more than 24 hours later) I get the "You have exceeded your free daily limit". Very frustrating
has anyone else found that the solcast daily limit of 10 API calls seems to get used up much quicker after Fox changed their API? I looked at the solar forecast one yesterday from Energy Stats, when I looked at it again today (more than 24 hours later) I get the "You have exceeded your free daily limit". Very frustrating
Yes the new limits have impacted a few people. Recommended you pay for a paid account now with better API limits.
Community Admin / FoxESS Elite Professional
Did I help you? Feel free to leave me a tip
Book a zoom meeting for remote consultancy or help
Switch to Octopus and earn £50
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
3 x KH Hybird Inverters (Parallel Mode)
1 x H1 Gen1 (Solar Mode)
1 x H1 Gen2 WL (Testing, Modbus and API development)
24 x HV2600 (62.4kWh), 2 x EP12, 2 x ECS2900
32 x 490w across 4 arrays
2 x EV's (Tesla & Mercedes) Fox ESS EV Charger & Hypervolt Chargers
Heatpump & Low Carbon Housebuild
3 x KH Hybird Inverters (Parallel Mode)
1 x H1 Gen1 (Solar Mode)
1 x H1 Gen2 WL (Testing, Modbus and API development)
24 x HV2600 (62.4kWh), 2 x EP12, 2 x ECS2900
32 x 490w across 4 arrays
2 x EV's (Tesla & Mercedes) Fox ESS EV Charger & Hypervolt Chargers
Heatpump & Low Carbon Housebuild
I suspect that the stats from Solcast do not change very often during the day, so rather than read then every time the user looks at the Summary tab, couldn't the data be retained in the App, and only refreshed from Solcast if it is more than (for example) 2 hours old?
FoxESS H1-6.0 Hybrid Inverter
3 x HV2600 (7.8kWh)
16 x 450w PV Panels
Zappi
EV Household
3 x HV2600 (7.8kWh)
16 x 450w PV Panels
Zappi
EV Household
I'm very late to respond but wanted to confirm that Energy Stats caches your Solcast result for 8 hours, so if you have 2 sites (e.g. front & rear) and visit the summary tab often the most requests you'd use is 6 per day. You can force a refresh of the Solcast data from the bottom of the Summary page.
There was a bug about 6 months ago however which Solcast informed me of whereby the Android app would repeatedly request from Solcast if the first request failed (e.g. free requests had been exhausted). This was fixe.
There are changes coming soon to overlay the Solcast data on the parameters page too so you can compare prediction against your actual PV generated.
There was a bug about 6 months ago however which Solcast informed me of whereby the Android app would repeatedly request from Solcast if the first request failed (e.g. free requests had been exhausted). This was fixe.
There are changes coming soon to overlay the Solcast data on the parameters page too so you can compare prediction against your actual PV generated.
I know this is an old thread but I was somewhat confused by the comparison between generated and predicted in that the comparison was quite high (even exceeding several 100% sometimes). I have now concluded that the comparative data must take that point in time to compare against. e.g. If it predicts 25KW for the day and in the first 30 mins you produce 2.5 I was expecting to see 10% of expected generation. What appears to happen is it compares this figure against what it expects you to generate in the first 30 mins so if it was only expecting 2KW you see 125%.
You therefore get a rolling comparison throughout the day.
I can't fathom the battery predictions though.
Solar Panels: Aiko Neostar 3S 475W All Black ABC N-Type Mono × 18
Inverter: Fox ESS KH 7kW 1ph Hybrid Inverter
Battery: Fox ESS EP6 Plus 5.76kWh Li-ion Battery w/ heating function
Inverter: Fox ESS KH 7kW 1ph Hybrid Inverter
Battery: Fox ESS EP6 Plus 5.76kWh Li-ion Battery w/ heating function
The percentage at the top of the Power Flow screen is calculated as below. However if your Solcast data doesn't cover the full day (or was incorrect) then you could have generated more than expected. You can look on the Parameters tab to see the Solar estimates and you should be able to see.
The battery estimates are the time to either full or empty assuming the battery charge/discharge rate were to remain constant. This is then rounded to hours/days.
Code: Select all
totalGeneration / todaySolarForecastWith my solar forecast, the current display shows 25.85 expected today in total. Currently I have produced 6.2 which is being reported as 115% of forecast. For this to be a correct representation, it must expect my generation to be 5.4. As this is not my total for the day, I have assumed the formula must be
totalGeneration / todaySolarForecast to this point in time. i.e. it reads it the total forecast up to that point in time off of the daily generation curve.
I was expecting a reading to start out at 0 and gradually creep up throughout the day stopping between say 80 and 120% but that is definitely not what happens.
Regarding the battery, I found the app interpreted my battery as 57w rather than 5700w hence I was getting ridiculous charging/discharging times.
totalGeneration / todaySolarForecast to this point in time. i.e. it reads it the total forecast up to that point in time off of the daily generation curve.
I was expecting a reading to start out at 0 and gradually creep up throughout the day stopping between say 80 and 120% but that is definitely not what happens.
Regarding the battery, I found the app interpreted my battery as 57w rather than 5700w hence I was getting ridiculous charging/discharging times.
Solar Panels: Aiko Neostar 3S 475W All Black ABC N-Type Mono × 18
Inverter: Fox ESS KH 7kW 1ph Hybrid Inverter
Battery: Fox ESS EP6 Plus 5.76kWh Li-ion Battery w/ heating function
Inverter: Fox ESS KH 7kW 1ph Hybrid Inverter
Battery: Fox ESS EP6 Plus 5.76kWh Li-ion Battery w/ heating function
I just checked the code in more detail and yes that's correct. The calculation uses total expected solar generation based on a rolling 30 minute window.
Would it be useful to be able to toggle to show the calculation against the whole day's expected generation instead?
Would it be useful to be able to toggle to show the calculation against the whole day's expected generation instead?
I actually quite like the current method as it shows where you are up to relatively in the day. Do I take it that you're the apps developer? If so then a toggle which enables you to switch between the 2 modes would be interesting but if it was as a replacement then I would prefer it left as is.
Solar Panels: Aiko Neostar 3S 475W All Black ABC N-Type Mono × 18
Inverter: Fox ESS KH 7kW 1ph Hybrid Inverter
Battery: Fox ESS EP6 Plus 5.76kWh Li-ion Battery w/ heating function
Inverter: Fox ESS KH 7kW 1ph Hybrid Inverter
Battery: Fox ESS EP6 Plus 5.76kWh Li-ion Battery w/ heating function
That's correct, I wrote Energy Stats. I'll take a look at dropping a toggle in, features are always interesting to build!