Vertical battery install

foxee

Has anyone installed batteries like the below photo/attachment? This is pretty much like the configuration in an AIO AC1.

Questions:
  • Any suggestions ias to what to use in between the side of the batteries when stacking them vertically?
  • Will I need a cable pack with a 1m battery cable?
Attachments
batteries.png
H1-6.0 6kW Hybrid Inverter
4 x HV2600 (10.4kWh)
9 x 425w + 2 x 425w
Intelligent Octopus
Home Assistant
Will
Site Admin

If you're not using them in the AIO I would only stack them hozionally. Unless you have a use case not yet discussed?
Community Admin / FoxESS Professional

Buy me a coffee or Book a zoom meeting for remote consultancy

FoxESS Tri Inverter Installation
2 x KH Series Inverters
24 x HV2600 (62.4kWh)
32 x 490w across 4 arrays
Dual Tesla Household
Heatpump & Low Carbon Housebuild
foxee

Correct, different use case, not enough space to fit an AIO unit and not enough space to fit horizontally.

This will be installed in an already custom-built tall kitchen/living room cabinets, which suits the configuration in the diagram. Yes, they could be installed in the loft or garage but as we know with batteries, the sweet spot for them is in a cool ventilated room so they are not experiencing extreme heat/cold and can perform their best all year round.

Ventilation will be achieved via grills built into the plinths and heat will escape via the top of the cabinet which is fully open.

As the weight of the batteries is around 28KG each (x4) then I am considering fitting them in the same configuration as the diagram in a heavy-duty metal 3 shelf unit to give them support and they do not topple over when being accessed. The BMS will sit on the top of the top shelf, but I fear the positive and negative cables may not be long enough based on this configuration.

Anyway, thought to ask if anyone has gone down this road before!

Many thanks and loving this forum, been looking for something like this for ages! :)
H1-6.0 6kW Hybrid Inverter
4 x HV2600 (10.4kWh)
9 x 425w + 2 x 425w
Intelligent Octopus
Home Assistant