Advice on bug in recent change to FoxESS app

asyrop

Hi there, for about the last week there has been a bug in the web based app which is annoying and I hope someone can point me in the right direction to get it fixed.

It is the switch offered to allow the work mode to be changed remotely from "Self Use" to "Feed-in". It used to be at about 4 o'clock by the invertor icon but is now at 3 o'clock and displays differently, so:
Fox webapp 1.JPG
The problem is that when you try to switch mode, a password request pops up, but even with the correct password, it gives an error of:
Fox webapp 2.JPG
Fox webapp 2.JPG (14.39 KiB) Viewed 1158 times

and the mode stays unchanged.

I have checked with the android based version and see there has also been a change but it still enables mode changes. On the other hand, the web based version accessible in a browser (I am using Firefox) definitely does not lett you change mode.

Is there a work-around or should I be contacting Fox support ? If so, any suggestions as to the best email to use ?

Finally, I'd love to know if there is a simple HA based option to selecting the valid work modes ? I know the app lists more modes than the inverter firmware currectly recognises, but how close are we to more sophisticated ones that align with Octopus Flux or even Intelligent Flux ? Does anyone have any inside info they can share ?

Many thanks in advance.
Asyrop:
14 poorly angled 415W panels
5kW H1 inverter
3 x MIRA 25 batteries

Cambridgeshire - installed Nov 22
calum

I'm not aware of any information on new workmodes, but the HA integration linked in my signature lets you change workmodes via modbus, if you have an RS485 connection to your inverter.
H1-3.7 / 6xHV2600 / 14x400W / RS485 Modbus->HA
FoxESS Modbus HA Integration
Contact Fox here
asyrop

Thank you for the confirmation, Calum. I do now have a working RS485 connection and aim to take the plunge into the intricacies of HA soon.
I guess I was hoping for the odd simple command on the RS 485 port to save myself dealing with the rest.

Kind Regards
Asyrop:
14 poorly angled 415W panels
5kW H1 inverter
3 x MIRA 25 batteries

Cambridgeshire - installed Nov 22
calum

I suspect it's quite possible to use one of the various modbus command line utilities to create a batch file that would set the workmode remotely. But if you have an RS485 connection to your inverter I presume you're planning on setting up Home Assistant or NodeRed or something?
H1-3.7 / 6xHV2600 / 14x400W / RS485 Modbus->HA
FoxESS Modbus HA Integration
Contact Fox here