EPS Socket Always Live?

michael.kennedy@forefront-it.co.uk

Good Evening

I have a new installation with a KH7 inverter.

The EPS socket is constantly live. Is it possible to make it so it is only live when the grid goes off?

I wish to add an Auto Changeover switch which will switch using the power from the EPS when it goes live.

Additionally, in the instruction manual, it shows that when the grid goes off an Earth Neutral bond is activated. Is this correct? or would i still need to install one ecternally?

Thanks
Dave Foster

It isn’t normally live when grid is present - check a setting called UPS, this effectively enables the EPS output so it stays on regardless.
I’m going to be slightly vague about the next bit as there used to be a setting called Bypass (relay) - if this was set to internal it would also set the output live. The reason for the vagueness is that on the H1 (G2) this relay appears to have been commandeered to do the Neutral->Earth bonding so not sure if that is also true of the KH.

On the Neutral->Earth bonding yes the KH and H1(G2) do establish a bond on grid failure - but check your serial number with Fox ESS service as there are some earlier units rumoured to not have the bonding relay in them.