FOX ESS Modular AC surge Arrest Type 2-2 Pole Single Phase 40 cuts electricity in event of a power surge

Welcome to the forum, feel free to say hi and show off your installation photos and share your experience.
crimayi@gmail.com

Hello

I have a FOX_ESS Modular AC surge Arrest Type 2-2 Pole Single Phase 40 which is cutting electricity in event of a power surge in South Africa. This is against my expectation that it would clamp the surge to minimize the voltage that passes through the power system and redirect it to the ground like a normal UPS system does.
Does the FOX-ESS surge arrestor not have a Metal Oxide Varistors (MOV) capable of being conductive in the event of a power surge and also capable of diverting the excess voltage away from the connected equipment to the ground? This is the bare minimum I expected from my FOX-ESS installation. But then again, I didn't ask questions about every possible scenario.

You learned responses are greatly appreciated.
Dave Foster

I've never come across a Fox ESS AC surge arrestor before, which makes me wonder whether it is simply a re-badged SPD from another manufacturer.

It would be interesting to see an image of it, perhaps someone would recognise the manufacturer.

Unfortunately I can't help with the question, but quite agree the job of a normal AC SPD is to provide a path to ground for high voltage transients and not to disconnect when that happens.