Communication Fault Between Battery and Device

sbr226

Had this fault initially then FoxESS replaced the batteries. All was operating normally for about a week and then the fault reoccurred. This has been ongoing for 4 months (YEP - 4 MONTHS) and they are now talking about replacing an inverter.

Getting very frustrated with lack of action and ownership.

Anyone else had these issues ?

AIO-H1-5.0
Dave Foster

Sorry to hear your still having trouble - you do occasionally see this fault but only as a result of bad cabling (or a genuine fault) - if the inverter needs changing that's quite drastic action for a comms fault, i've never heard of that - have you got Foxess service involved or are you working through your installer ?
sbr226

FYI - I am in Australia and have been TRYING to get action from both FOXESS (PRIMARY) and INSTALLER (SECONDARY) and they are both being very difficult and not really interested in taking ownership of the issue. I am actually wondering if my next step is Consumer Affairs.
Dave Foster

I can see why it's been difficult as i've never heard of this type of fault before, it must be very difficult to fault find with a problem that occurs so infrequently it, but I think you've been very patient, 4 months is a long time to wait to sort this out - and if they have concluded it's the inverter, a replacement should almost be plug and play.

I'm not sure of the consumer protection you've got there, but it sounds like your installer needs a bit of a wake up call to focus their attention, if it's Foxess warranty holding things up, your contract is still with your installer and at the moment it's not fit for purpose so I would be inclined to look at what legal / consumer recourse you've got and at the very least tell your installer if it's not fixed withing 'x' weeks you'll go down that route.