Negative Consumption

randomtimes

I just had an H1 5.0 E installed in the house with the battery attached. That seemed to report fine when it went in. I since had another solar array installed at the end of the garden with an F3000 inverter. Generation seems to report fine into FoxCloud (when it works!), but I'm seeing negative consumption from the grid when it's sunny.

There's no CT clamp from the garden inverter, which I'm assuming means that the generation won't get picked up by the house inverter that has the clamp, even though it's showing in FoxCloud?

I've probably left something out there as I'm still learning how it all works.
reef

You would need a CT clamp from the F3000 to the H1 to show this correctly. The H1 would then recognise the power generated by the F3000 and be able to charge the battery with it aswell.
randomtimes

Ok thanks. Given that’s 40-50m away, is that even feasible to do? Is there some way to connect the two over a long distance?
reef

The CT clamp cables are usually 5m long but they can be extended. You can do it with a twisted pair cable (e.g one pair of wires in a CAT5 cable) I believe. I'd use shielded if its going outside.

Here's a link to the CT clamp:

https://www.tradesparky.com/solarsparky ... aio-ranges