Wi fi dongle just flashing red

Paul Wildsmith

My system had been working fine for 4 months now, except today I can't log in and the dongle is flashing red. Have cycled power. Any suggestions please?
Paul Wildsmith

Update, I managed to connect direct to the dongle to reset my wifi details etc, it failed and now while I can connect the 192.168.1.1 page doesn't open. The dongle is flashing fast now as well.

Do I need to replace it?
Dave Foster

Has anything changed in the house, broadband provide, router ? - I would restart your router first, then retry to get the dongle to connect it’s a bit finicky particularly if at the extremes of range.

Flashing fast red is not connected (slow red with occasional green pulse is connected).

If it’s a long distance from the router it could even be that a neighbour has changed their router and the extra co-channel interference is stopping it from reliably connecting - I use a wifi repeater set on 2.4ghz only and it’s own unique name to connect my inverter - something like this

It sounds like you’ve been following the guide (from step 3)
IMG_1275.png
Paul Wildsmith

Thanks. Nothing was changed. Anyway, now managed to connect and reset my wifi and password. Can log into the app, but won't connect to battery details now.

I've noticed there is an error logged of battery over voltage.

I'll check the bms connections, but it was all working last night when I set today's charge times, so at a loss to know what is at fault. I've trimmed bms off and on to try that already.
Sloanyd

I am having a similar problem, cannot load battery information on the app or foxesscloud.com website.
The error on the app sometimes comes up - data could not be read as it is in an incorrect format, or just processing please wait and then times out.
Dave Foster

I think the Foxess website is having a few issues, some big changes coming up soon I believe and I suspect it’s under maintenance.

Keep checking, hopefully back shortly
Sloanyd

Dave Foster wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:50 pm I think the Foxess website is having a few issues, some big changes coming up soon I believe and I suspect it’s under maintenance.

Keep checking, hopefully back shortly
Thanks Dave certainly sound like a website issue
Paul Wildsmith

At least I can set charging times direct on the inverter, just not very convenient as it's in my loft. Hope it's just a fox maintenance issue, though if so why don't they post a notice.
Dave Foster

Paul Wildsmith wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:40 pm At least I can set charging times direct on the inverter, just not very convenient as it's in my loft. Hope it's just a fox maintenance issue, though if so why don't they post a notice.
Yep they usually do if it’s planned but I think this has taken most people by surprise :(