Error Code 26 Grid Voltage Fault

SimonC

Its been a week since my H1-6.0-E Invertor raised Error Code 26 "Grid Volt Fault" and I'm frankly unclear what might be the cause.

The DNO (Scottish and Southern Power) has confirmed no issue with supply - they came out earlier this week and tested voltage to house at 248V which falls in the expected range. The DNO indicated power range had been between 242V and 250V for the 48 hours prior.

However, looking at the FoxESSCloud stats for the invertor I can see that on 08/06/2023 at 17:12:01 the RVolt value suddenly dropped from 254.70V down to 19.80V and has stayed around this level ever since. The system is less than a year installed and I naturally contacted the installer who has suggested it is probably linked to a required software upgrade, though I find that explanation hard to swallow. They felt the system should have automatically rebooted when power was restored, but it is not clear to me that there has been any power supply interruption. I have performed a manual reboot of the invertor to their instruction and this did not resolve the issue. They also maintain that 19.80V is all the power that it coming into the house, though again I find that hard to swallow given the DNO has been to site and tested the incoming supply and the FoxESSCloud Energy Flow only shows power coming into the house from the grid while the invertor is offline with no ill effects on any electrical appliance. Nevertheless they have tried to do a remote software upgrade for a couple of days without success so no further forward to a resolution and the invertor remains down.

I don't know whether it is related, but at the same time that the RVolt suddenly dropped to around 19V, the PV1Volt surged to from 226.30V to 270.70V. The PV2Volt also jumped from 119.80V to 134.40V. And in the days since the PV1Volt has been consistently running north of 278V in all this lovely sunshine yet before rarely surpassed 250V beforehand.

Has anyone had a similar fault or could suggest what might be going on?