No Lan/Ethernet Port on H1 inverter

ImAFK

Hi all,

I just got my system installed in this last week and setup Home Assistant with foxess-ha integration however didnt realise that this polled every hour or so, and have noticed missing data fairly regularly.

In doing more reading, i found out about the modbus integration and was delighted to see this could be setup with an ethernet/wifi adapter connection. I watched Will's videos on setting this up, and bought the wifi adapter he recommended. When i went into the loft to install this, i realised that my inverter doesnt actually have a LAN/Ethernet port, nor a standalone USB port. Instead it has a WiFi/4G/USB port where the FoxESS/Anatel wifi adapter is plugged in (I believe this is used to connect with FoxESS cloud).

Unless im missing something, I've not been able to find anyone else on the forums/facebook group/github repo that have the same problems that i have.

I was hoping to go down the route of LAN as it was much simpler and i didnt really need the extra functionality that came with RS485 method.

If anyone has any info or guidance on what i can do, it would be much appreciated.
14 x 420w panels
FoxESS H1-3.7-E Inverter
4 x 2.5kwh batteries
canton7

I have the same: an H1 without a lan port.

The modbus route really isn't hard, and gives you much more information as well as the ability to control the inverter.

Just don't buy the W610: go for one of the other ones listed on the sidebar here: https://github.com/nathanmarlor/foxess_modbus/wiki