Help Needed: Voltage Tripping Issue with Solar Panel Inverter

maoh1

Hello forum members,

I'm currently facing an issue with my SÉRIES H3 solar panel inverter, and I'm seeking advice and solutions from the community. Here's a summary of the problem:

Problem: The grid voltage occasionally exceeds 255V, causing the inverter to disconnect for a duration of 10 minutes as a protective measure. This happens intermittently, especially during periods of high solar irradiation.

Despite these efforts, the inverter continues to disconnect when the grid voltage surpasses 255V. This protective mechanism, while necessary, is interrupting the power generation and impacting the overall efficiency of my solar panel system.

I'm reaching out to the forum for suggestions on how to address this issue. Is there a way to adjust the inverter settings or implement any modifications to prevent the frequent disconnects caused by high grid voltage?

Any insights, recommendations, or similar experiences would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your assistance!
Ched

I seem to remember that there is a setting in the inverter that you can change the voltage trip limits. Have a search on this forum as I'm sure that's where I read it. Sorry I can't be of more help.
calum

I can see the menu function tree for the H3 is different to the H1. @maoh1, Is there anything useful under Setting -> On Grid -> Safety?

If not you may need to contact your local network operator to see if there is something they can do.
H1-3.7 / 6xHV2600 / 14x400W / RS485 Modbus->HA
FoxESS Modbus HA Integration
Contact Fox here
maoh1

Ched wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 10:32 pm I seem to remember that there is a setting in the inverter that you can change the voltage trip limits. Have a search on this forum as I'm sure that's where I read it. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Yeah, I've seen it but I don't have the same settings.
calum wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 11:53 am I can see the menu function tree for the H3 is different to the H1. @maoh1, Is there anything useful under Setting -> On Grid -> Safety?

If not you may need to contact your local network operator to see if there is something they can do.
Only this:
https://prnt.sc/OP24Uf-K8eQA

----
And one more thing.
Upon analyzing the data, it appears that these shutdowns occur when the voltage from my PV1 array (PV1Volt) increases to specific values - typically around 723.6V and 724.7V. It is important to note that these shutdowns happen despite the grid voltage remaining stable and not exceeding 255V, as evidenced by the screenshots I have attached.