FoxESS V1 BMS protocol

Can

Users who wish to decode the can bus messages sent between the BMS and inverter can find a suitable dbc file here: https://github.com/rand12345/solax_can_ ... bc_codegen

When used in conjunction with a can bus sniffer (SavvyCan), this file will decode each can message into human-readable values. A collection of can bus tools for every OS is available here: https://github.com/iDoka/awesome-canbus ... /README.md

V1 protocol provides minimal information from the battery stack but includes charge and discharge rate, SoC, temps, slave voltages, and so on. In response, the inverter provides datetime every few seconds.

The newer V2 protocol provides individual cell data (voltage, temp) but this is not yet documented. If any users wish to contribute to this I can ship out all needed monitoring equipment with support. Alternatively, I can travel within NW UK.
Last edited by Can on Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Foster

That's an impressive and comprehensive piece of work, thanks for posting that - I've been thinking about logging and analyzing the CAN bus this will be extremely helpful.

When you refer to the v2 protocol, do you know what governs the v2 protocol being used? is it only when you upgrade to a V2 BMS or as a result of the upgrade to the latest inverter master/slave/battery firmware combinations (with or without v2 BMS)
Can

V2 is a knowledge void for me. I can only demonstrate what I know based on how my own kit presents (fw < 1.50).

There are two communication buses at play here, master to inverter and master to slaves. I do not have any information on the latter.

I'm happy to look at the V2 in detail but I need can traffic dumps as a bare minimum. My suspicion is the cell level data is contained in 0x1881 & 0x1882, needs to be confirmed though.
MB

I don't know whether this topic is the right place to add a query.

I'd like to interrogate the state of health of an ECS 4100 battery pack, prior to connecting to the inverter. Is the software available to perform this task. The inverter had a dead short, and was replaced, however the system is not working.

Therefore would like to determine whether the battery pack is healthy.

Would this topic be the appropriate place to place this query?
Regards

MB :)
Can

Probably best to open a new post.