4 type c hv2600
3 type V2 hv2600
Ian345

Hi - Our App says the following (for Inverter H1-3.7-E and 3x4100 Batteries):-

Master Version - 1.37
Slave version - 1.02
Manager Version - 1.36
Dave Foster

Borehamwood wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:02 pm Anybody else got manager version 1.56?
Is it newer than 1.54?
It is newer but Foxess don’t issue firmware release notes so the updates/bugs etc.. are not known.

We do know that if you have a home assistant connected via the LAN port it will no longer work as the LAN function has been removed (you have to connect via modbus or cloud)
Will
Site Admin

1.56 appears to remove the push rate/poll rate on the wifi module. Comments on facebook from some FoxESS staff suggest it's due to abuse from end users.
Community Admin / FoxESS Professional

Buy me a coffee or Book a zoom meeting for remote consultancy

FoxESS Quad Inverter Installation
4 x H1 Series Inverters
24 x HV2600 (62.4kWh)
32 x 490w Array
Dual Tesla Household
Heatpump & Low Carbon Housebuild
Borehamwood

Hey Will,
What is a push poll rate all About please?
Curious as what an end user could do?
3.7kW hybrid inverter
12 panels 370W each
V2 bms
4 type c hv2600
3 type V2 hv2600
Will
Site Admin

Default the wifi datalogger sends a snapshot of data to the foxcloud server once every 300 seconds (5mins). You used to be able to reduce this to 30 seconds to help with troubleshooting but some people abused this limit and caused fox high server loads hence why they took it away in the newest version.
Community Admin / FoxESS Professional

Buy me a coffee or Book a zoom meeting for remote consultancy

FoxESS Quad Inverter Installation
4 x H1 Series Inverters
24 x HV2600 (62.4kWh)
32 x 490w Array
Dual Tesla Household
Heatpump & Low Carbon Housebuild
MrMobodies

Hello, I opened a thread on the EEVBLOG forum last year when I felt I was lied to by Foxess:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/dodgy-tec ... oring-lie/

In the the manual it says third party and pc monitoring, which is what I wanted. Like with my old Sunnybox with the Sunnywebbox appliance which worked all the way up for 7 years until I moved house .Engensa who installed the last system wanted to put this LGATE50 thing in instead which they said had no built in webserver to display the statistics locally but uploads to their website. I told them I want it in house so no matter what happens out there it will continue to function in house. If I want to send the statistics out as a secondary means then fine but not as primary means.

Before the install of this new system, one for the solar panels (a Ginlong Solis) and one for the batteries (a Foxess HC1 6KW?). I was told that their datalogger wifi stick would automatically update the firmware which is a big nono and I am totally against that. If anything happens behind my back I have to do the chasing. For start I'd want it cabled. Once something is working I want it left alone with no interference. I was told that they may have to send someone out. I said well if it fails in front of them then they'd have to act straight away. I was going to have no monitoring (apart from observing the screen) and was looking for some time, on finding some clamps to hook around stuff and find an appliance that I can set to partially monitor it.

Anyway the contractor changed the specifications to one inverter, a Foxes that does the solar panel and battery and in the manual it mentioned on this particular one about an ethernet port and third party/pc monitoring.

Manual:
6.5 Communication Device Installation (Optional)
• Ethernet
Ethernet communication is the standard communication interface.
Application Occasion
This function is appliable for the below situation:
1) For data transmission: It can transmit the inverter data from inverter to PC or other monitoring equipment :-+

2) For monitoring: It can transmit the inverter data from inverter to Foxess monitoring website/APP :bullshit: though home router connected.
I was told by by foxess
Sent: 08 September 2022 12:05
To: Subject: Re: H1-5.0-E Inverter ethernet port

Hi Sir,

Which country are you from?
Are you end user or installer?
What is your H1 SN please?
The ethernet port on H1 is a reserved port :, function not ready to use.
See the lie?

It did work... Router takes IP address, probed for ports and modbus found, used a Modbus tool and it connected up and found a Rednode package for a Solax but renamed the registers on a script I found for a Homeassistantfor the Foxess but i found the Homeassistant all ready made.

A few days ago in that thread, user posted about his widget he was making for his Foxess inverter and that he got locked out after an update. I was trying to help but it turns out he had the "smart wifi stick" installed and it updated to firmware 1.56 which I found the news about it here.

This is why I am skeptical of any update and especially without knowing what it is going to do.

My H1/AC1 inverter firmware is 1.28 connected to directly to minipc via a usb network card running a Homeassistant appliance since last year. I disabled the update on there too so it is left alone and despite a few issues at first it continues to datalog and with UPS power supply and so far so good. Very pleased with.

I am so glad I refused the advances of the contractor who wanted to install it.

He sounded like an decent old gentleman until he started talking about "apps", phones and "cloud" then my opinion rapidly a changed bit but they did everything I asked them to do and left it alone with the installer menu unlocked, no wifi, no bluetooth signal if any in there. They said couldn't help me with the datalogging and only did what the manufacturer told them to do.

I am bit worried now if mine breaks and they replace it with one with that firmware but I found this:
FoxESS to Home Assistant Integration Options (T Series)
viewtopic.php?t=24

I wonder, how long will that last and could they release an update at some point so only their stuff (smart wifi thing) works in that port.
TexAmicoMio

On the installation day of my H1 inverter this was the menu from the app:
WhatsApp Image 2023-02-16 at 17.34.16.jpeg
You see the WifiPushTimeInterval menu item (default 180 sec.).
The next day, the menu looked like this:
WhatsApp Image 2023-02-16 at 17.34.16.jpeg
The menu item has disappeared.
I don't know the firmware version on day one.
But the modbus tcp worked!
This stopped working 3 weeks later.

Now I have Manager ver.1.56
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2023-02-16 at 17.34.47.jpeg
MrMobodies

I have got a reply from Fox-ess regarding the above:
service@fox-ess.com
You
Hello *****,

Modbus TCP is not available after the firmware 1.50.

But customers can still use Modbus RTU with RS485 :-+ . *There is no effect that customer can use their own private monitoring appliance.
"Modbus RTU with RS485"
Good, they recommend it.
Thank you Fox-ess.

Great answer. That one sounds much more sensible to me compared to the first one last year.
I am pleased that they are now giving us a choice with a means to do it recommended by themselves.

I would have brought the part had I been advised instead of "smart wifi stick" being the only means.

Just need to buy that converter, wire it up to plug, test and prepare my installation for quick switch over if the inverter is replaced in future.

I forgot to mention that before the contract and before the inverters were changed to just one, in regards to the serial port where the dongle goes, the contactor said something about, that if I connect up stuff not approved by the manufacturer and it goes wrong and they find it, it could void the warranty.

Now I have got their backing and no longer in the dark.
Attachments
Fox-ess_eth_response.jpg
Fox-ess_eth_inquiry.jpg
Foxess_eth_2021.jpg