No Feed-In to grid

TonyDurrant

Yesterday I received confirmation from Octopus that my PV + battery setup is now fully set up for Export on Octopus Flex, so I decided to test it today. Despite having a 100% full battery, Nothing was exported to the grid all day - precisely 0.000 kWh! - despite starting with full battery, and it being sunny all day (south facing roof).

Power coming from the PV exactly matched the Home load. I switched on a 2 kW fan heater. The reported PV went up by 2 kW. I switched off the fan heater. The reported PV dropped 2kW.

Basically, the system is supplying house load, and overflow to the battery (if there is capacity available), but never anything to the grid.

I found a thread on the forum (viewtopic.php?t=401) reporting the same symptoms, and somebody asked for more information, but there was no reply.

Info about my setup:

System installed: 26-10-2023
Inverter is an H1-6.0E. Versions are reported as: Master Version - 1.60, Slave Version - 1.02, Manager Version - 1.63
Whichever Working Mode I set (Self Use or Feed-In Priority) there is never any Feed-In

This is what it looks like while in Feed-In Priority:
IMG_5291.jpeg
When Working Mode is set to Self Use, priority still tops up the battery, with the amount of PV generated reporting as steadily decreasing as battery approaches 100%, at which point the PV tracks the amount of power being used by the home.

Does anybody have any suggestions on whether there is a known issue (eg. I'm using a known bad firmware version) that can be fixed at my end, or does it look like I need to contact the installer as they have not done something correctly?
FoxESS H1-6.0 Hybrid Inverter
3 x HV2600 (7.8kWh)
16 x 450w PV Panels
Zappi
EV Household
Dave Foster

My first thought is that the inverter has been set not to export to grid (not sure why that would be), but have a look at the inverter panel in Settings, on-grid, export control - the value there should be set to 60000 (sixty thousand).

Whilst you are there can you have a look at About, Safety - I would expect to see either G98 or G99 shown.
TonyDurrant

Dave Foster wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:18 am My first thought is that the inverter has been set not to export to grid (not sure why that would be), but have a look at the inverter panel in Settings, on-grid, export control - the value there should be set to 60000 (sixty thousand).
You were absolutely spot on!

I actually raised a ticket with the installer yesterday, and they remotely took a look this morning and reported that the ExportLimit was set at zero, so they set it to 60000. Apparently the default value is zero, and it had not been changed. (??)

I had been looking for a setting in the app or on the web portal, but as an EndUser, I don't have access to the setting you mention. I hadn't braved the cold garage to check on the inverter panel itself - and the documentation that I have available probably would not have told me what setting to look for anyhow.

Problem is now solved - than you very much for your help!
Whilst you are there can you have a look at About, Safety - I would expect to see either G98 or G99 shown.
I braved the cold to check this setting :) - it is set for G98_UK. SSEN advised that the system meets the requirements for G99 - am I likely to see any limitation as a result of the inverter setting?

Cheers once again!
FoxESS H1-6.0 Hybrid Inverter
3 x HV2600 (7.8kWh)
16 x 450w PV Panels
Zappi
EV Household
Dave Foster

Great, that’s a nice easy one to sort out.

You should be ok with safety set to G98 as long as the export limit is set to 60000.

Keep an eye on it, as long as it consistently outputs over 3.7kwh to the grid once your home load and battery is full then it’s working fine - It’ll likely be a month or two before we get enough sun for that, but it’s coming :)