Battery is not used anymore + monitoring values seem wrong

mldebeer

Dear reader,

At home (Belgium, 3-phase: 3 x 400V + N), I've a solar-battery system.

Solar: 20x Phono-400 (total of 8000 Wp)
Battery: Energy Cube ECS2900 (11.5 kWh)
Inverter: FoxEss H3-8.0-E (hybride inverter)
In my switch control box, I've a DTSU666 CHINT

The problem: since a month, my battery isn't used anymore, although having an SoC of 100%
According to the app of my energy provider, this is confirmed. Over night, only grid use. During the day, also grid use, unless there is a bit of sunshine. The production not used, is sent to the grid.

According to my FoxEss monitoring values, indeed the battery remains on 100% all the time.
What is also remarkable is that my feed-in is not existing at moments of PV production (although my energy provider app does show adequate feed-in).
Instead, the FoxEss monitoring shows that all my PV produced electricity goes to the load (ie. consumption of my household devices). Which makes no sense. At moments of 4 kW production, I'm pretty sure my fridge and few LED lamps are not consuming 4 kW.

I'm waiting on feedback of the installation company. I assume something might be wrong with the CHINT (which actually gives a frozen kWh value on the display), or a meter error in the invertor.

Somebody on the forum who knows what could be done? A reset of the invertor and/or battery? A new CHINT?

Thanks in advance.
Dave Foster

It sounds as like your inverter cannot read the Chint meter and so is unable to establish what is being fed back to the grid or used by the house.

It could be a number of things,

I would start by a complete inverter shutdown and restart - that is isolate PV (solar DC), isolate AC (grid) and then shutdown the batteries, wait 30 seconds and then power on the batteries, turn on the AC, then solar PV.

If your inverter house load is still not reported correctly check that the meter is enabled in Settings, Feature, Meter/CT - it should show the meter as Meter_3P if not set it as that.

If your inverter house load is still not reporting correctly it is most likely the Chint meter itself is not working - try to reset it.

If none of those steps is successful I would recommend you get your installer back to fault find/replace the Chint meter.