Battery Warranty claim procedure

Nelly

Hi community hopefully someone can help?
I installed an extra 2 hv2600 batteries to my system earlier this year but it seems they have gone bad as they now make the bms alarm go off, the other 3 batteries that were there are fine and the 2 I purchased and installed were fine for months so I don't understand what has gone wrong so I need to get these collected and tested under warranty but how do I go about that? Who do I contact? Etc etc?
Thanks in advance,
Nelly.
Dave Foster

Nelly wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:46 am Hi community hopefully someone can help?
I installed an extra 2 hv2600 batteries to my system earlier this year but it seems they have gone bad as they now make the bms alarm go off, the other 3 batteries that were there are fine and the 2 I purchased and installed were fine for months so I don't understand what has gone wrong so I need to get these collected and tested under warranty but how do I go about that? Who do I contact? Etc etc?
Thanks in advance,
Nelly.
There are a lot of things that will make the BMS alarm go off, low cell voltages or low cell temperature would be my guess - it's very likely if you bought your batteries at different times and haven't updated the firmware to all match then there could be issues like this which would be resolved by a firmware update.

If you email Foress support via service.uk@fox-ess.com give them your inverter serial number and they issues you are seeing, and they can look at you system remotely to diagnose the system and will update the firmware if necessary - once that is done the batteries will need a week or so to fully re-balance.
Nelly

I would be inclined to agree with you if they hadn't been running fine for 6 months previous, also the voltage output has been checked and are fine.
But thanks for your reply.
Edit- also a new bms has been fitted and there is a dip switch that tells the bms how many batteries are installed obviously this is set to correct number and works fine with original 3 batteries but not with 5 batteries exactly as the previous bms did after the problem occurred.
calum

I wonder are the batteries all the same version?
H1-3.7 / 6xHV2600 / 14x400W / RS485 Modbus->HA
FoxESS Modbus HA Integration
Contact Fox here
Dave Foster

calum wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:16 pm I wonder are the batteries all the same version?
Good call, I'd not though about that !

@Nelly, do you have a mixed pack with V1 and V2 batteries ?

if you do have you modified or replaced the cable from the BMS to the first battery pack, see this post for more detail viewtopic.php?t=103
Nelly

All same v1 batteries.
As said previously was working perfectly.