Mira HV25 Stopped Charging and Discharging

MattBW

Had 2x MIRA HV25 fitted late April. They had been working great . I had barely used any grid power in all that time and was pleased with my purchase. I followed the tutorial for grid force charge as a test. Seemed to work fine. Next day I realised the battery has stopped discharging. It sat at 88% for 2 days neither charging nor discharging.

Grid power isn't showing on the dashboard, all solar is showing as going to load even though the load is nowhere near the solar output. Nothing going into battery. The Hybrid inverter shows power + spare solar capacity but again battery is not discharging.

Anyone have any idea whats going on? Waiting for my installer to get back to me wondered if anyone else had experienced this issue?

I checked the network cable into the inverter and re-inserted and found the battery has now started charging at a low rate but still never discharges no matter how much load.

The battery is sitting at between 98% and 100% now, yet is taking power from the grid but not discharging under any load. Set to self use and force charge and charge from grid are off (or no times set).
Last edited by MattBW on Mon May 15, 2023 11:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MattBW

It seemed the CT got disabled somehow, followed this video and back to normal it seems

MattBW

The CT cable seems to have fallen out of the bottom of the inverter, I can't figure out how to get the tubular fitting off to access whatever is inside?
asyrop

Dave Foster addressed this problem last month (Apr 20th) in a series of posts about cabling up for RS485 which is on the same connector on the H1 inverters.

Here's a link to the thread but you'll need to scroll down to around Apr 20th. viewtopic.php?p=1016

Make sure you connect to the correct terminals and the correct polarity - it will normally be CT1 unless you have a second source of microgeneration.

Correct terminals are shown on the instruction manual you can download from Fox or also here: https://github.com/nathanmarlor/foxess_ ... ring-Guide

I hope this helps,
Alan
Asyrop:
14 poorly angled 415W panels
5kW H1 inverter
3 x MIRA 25 batteries

Cambridgeshire - installed Nov 22