What are the steps to balance my batteries - Novice Issue

GruB

Good morning,
I have tried to search on this forum and generally on the internet for the steps to undertake a discharge and charge process for my batteries, and I am yet to find one.

I have 2 new Fox LV5200 batteries that appear fine in isolation, but when connected in parallel - one appears to be at 6% charge.

My solar system was installed in 2015 by a relative whom has now retired. During Covid my Solis Inverter had a BUS failure. When I replaced the inverter I went for a Solis Hybrid and a Fox LV5200 battery. This was also during Covid and the energy crisis period so I had to wait quite a while and I honestly think I was overcharged.
That is one reason for trying to understand and fix the problems myself.
From research I now know the LV5200 batteries don't combine with newer models so I sourced two LV5200 and as they were plug and play I connected them.

My Master and the first Slave appeared fine with the LEDs showing a high percentage of charge.
The 2nd Slave was only showing one LED.
Upon connecting just that new battery as the Master it appeared at 95% charge.
Upon connecting them all back up and leaving the one LED as the Master - my system shows 6% charge.
Upon turning off and disconnecting link port cables, my one LED Master shows nearly a full charge.

I can't seem to determine the firmware on the battery to check it is the same as the other two. If anyone could point me into a fault finding beginning I would be grateful.

I have a Solis S5-EH1P3.6K-L inverter
Dave Foster

The LV5200 batteries are only used on Solis inverters, I think you might be better asking the question on the Solis community as I believe that the firmware versions will be shown in the BMS settings page, I know it exists but i'm not sure how you get to it.

The one thing I have read is that whichever battery has the latest version of firmware, it must be placed as the master - the slaves can be lower firmware versions.
GruB

Thank you Dave.
Following your reply I tried the only combination I had left and finally my batteries have discharged overnight.