Force charge and force discharge not working as expected

Mambros84

Hi all,

I have a H6 inverter with a set of ECM/ECS 2900 batteries.

I finally got the inverter firmware update (1.71) which enables again the force discharge.

I noticed that when I enable the force discharge the force charge doesn't work anymore. The two schedules are not overlapping and I tried to also set a wider time gap between them. Still if the force discharge is set up the force charge won't kick in.

I am just wondering if there's anything I missed.

Thanks in advance for any help
Dave Foster

I'm not sure what you mean about the Force Charge and Force Discharge running together, so i'll set out what I know and hopefully that'll help.

Before the schedules were introduced you would have used the old 2 charge periods, these work fine and will continue to work fine *unless* you set up a schedule to do something, you cannot run schedules and the old charge periods together. If there is no schedule enabled you can continue to use them, but the moment you use schedules they will stop working.

If you want to discharge and charge, the best way to do this is all within the schedule - so you would set the first item in the schedule to be the Force Discharge with minsoc and power set as required, then if you want to charge you would add another item to the schedule that Force Charges.

You can add other items in the schedule to change work modes for example, or multiple charge / discharge periods the maximum number of items is 8.