New system in Surrey

Welcome to the forum, feel free to say hi and show off your installation photos and share your experience.
adm

Well, I thought I should put a post here as I just had my system commissioned yesterday. Installed over 2 days - the day before Good Friday where the weather was truly vile, and yesterday.

I was originally looking at a 5kW system installed on my garage roof, but I ended up with 8.1kW on the garage roof and part of the main house roof.

The spec is:

19 * 430W Eurener bi-facial panels, each with Tygo optimisers. Split into three strings feeding a Fox ESS KH7 inverter and a Fox ECS2900 H7 stack of batteries for 20kW capacity. Plus an automated transfer switch to protect us from power cuts which do happen here.

Of course, with a new installation, it's going to be cloudy for the foreseeable future, but everything appears to be working well so far. I have the Fox app on my phone along with Energy Stats, I've got everything configured how I want it so far, have the Octopus API linked up (I am using Agile tariff) and am now waiting for the latest firmware updates to get downloaded so I can try and get automation with Agile working.

I will probably go to a Home Assistant setup at some, but for now, the apps and web portal are doing fine.

Pictures are a bit crap as they are during installation, but then again you've all seen panels and inverters before....
IMG_1112.jpeg
IMG_1038.jpeg
Dave Foster

Welcome on board - that’s a very good sized system - the KHx is one of the best inverters Fox make :)
adm

Dave Foster wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:09 pm Welcome on board - that’s a very good sized system - the KHx is one of the best inverters Fox make :)
Thank you Dave,

Are you by any chance related to a Stephen Foster?

Strangely, I got a friend recommendation this morning on Facebook for a Dave Foster....who I presume is you as I think you have also been helping me out on the FoxESS Facebook group. It said "1 friend in common", and had a picture of Stephen who I know well from my Harley Davidson motorcycle club....
Dave Foster

If it's the Foxess facebook group, yes very likely to be me

The strange thing is I do have a brother called Stephen Foster, but he is definitely not a Harley rider, in fact I think the only bike he ever rode was my moped nearly 50 years ago .

I however do have quite a few motorbikes, one of which is a Harley :)
adm

Dave Foster wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:58 pm If it's the Foxess facebook group, yes very likely to be me

The strange thing is I do have a brother called Stephen Foster, but he is definitely not a Harley rider, in fact I think the only bike he ever rode was my moped nearly 50 years ago .

I however do have quite a few motorbikes, one of which is a Harley :)
Well, small world....

Maybe Facebook's friends algorithm isn't quite as smart as it thinks it is and picked up the wrong Stephen Foster.

I have three Harleys myself. A Low Rider ST, a Pan America and a 1980 Shovelhead Wide Glide. I do a lot of riding with the HOG group out of Guildford Harley. In fact, I am on of the Road Captains there....
Dave Foster

You’ve got quite the selection there, one for most occasions.

I’ve had bikes for many years but mostly over the years it’s been sports bikes, tourers or adventure bikes until I did a few USA road trips with a friend, and you just have to do those on a Harley (although I had an Indian once which also had a lot of charm), so it was really just a natural progression for me to get a FatBob 114 which is great.

I do still have an adventure bike for touring, a couple of old 2 strokes from the 70’s and a couple of other ‘projects’ on the go.
adm

Dave Foster wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:39 pm so it was really just a natural progression for me to get a FatBob 114 which is great.
I had one of those as well. I loved it and put 27k miles on it all around Europe. Good choice!
Peeshow

Hi, looking good!
Could you give us some more details on your transfer switch? Some pictures, a schematic maybe? :D