No overnight charge from grid, despite setting schedule

ickle59

Hi, recently had my system installed and switched to octopus flux, and looking at how to charge overnight during cheaper tariff to top up the battery when needed.
Watched some great videos by iameccles and read threads on here suggesting how to do it, set the schedule up overnight as per the screenshot.... And no charge happened....any advice as to what I've done wrong or is there a hidden setting somewhere that I've missed that I also need to change to enable grid charging / battery top up overnight? I thought you could just put it in the schedule and it would automatically charge. Any help would be most welcome!
Attachments
Screenshot_20240402-062515.png
Dave Foster

Those settings are correct for to charge from grid between 2am to 5am - were there any errors, which inverter model is it ?.

Just running through a couple of things which may have affected it -

Is your inverter time set correctly ?

Is the inverter running in ‘Normal’ mode (you can see that on the inverter panel screen)

What was your battery SoC at when it should have been charging ?,

If you log into the Foxesscloud.com website - and go to the device page - on the graph at the bottom do you see any evidence of charge power (even if just small blips) - might be helpful if you post that here (the graph looks like the attached).

Do the batteries charge during the day from solar generation ?

Is there a MaxSoC setting set? - note if you don’t have installer access you may have to do this in settings at the menu, but if MaxSoC is set any lower than 100% it will stop charging.

If you say which inverter it is, I can post the inverter settings menu for you to check.

IMG_1571.jpeg
ickle59

Thank you for the reply, for some reason (probably from me trying to have a look at the battery on screen display) the system had switched to off mode...it turned out i wasnt getting any solar in the morning - rang solar bureau - about it - they said theyd look into it and get back to me... i'm still waiting for a response.. i randomly pressed a few buttons on the battery display and restarted the system... and it worked fine and as expected last night and re-charged overnight...

So as you suggested it wasnt in normal mode - thats what made me have another look! Is there a simple user guide somewhere which shows navigation of the on panel systems? (sorry really new too this, so learning as i go!)

I did try and look at my settings, so in the event of a power cut i know how to manually switch to back up mode... its locked by a password, one which i dont have - would it be a default number ie 0000? i tried 1234... with no joy.
ickle59

The invertor is a Fox ESS 5kw 1xH1-5.0-E by the way... i think!
Dave Foster

Ok, glad it's working again - it sounds like it hadn't been set to 'start', now it is started it will stay that way (unless you stop it).

The default password is normally 0,0,0,0

The inverter should have come with a user manual, but to be honest it's more of an installation manual - the good things in it are it shows the panel and explains how to start it, and also has the menu tree which shows the various options - although many settings should be regarded as being used only under instruction.

This is the menu tree -
111.jpg
ickle59

Brilliant thank you Dave. Honestly the only time I'll use the panel is if I have an issue like this again, and in the event of a power cut manually switch from self use to back up...as I hope that will then give me enough power to keep the essentials working .... I hope it works that way anyway!
Thank you again. I'm hoping the solar beareau send me the docs through sooner rather than later then!