Invert / App connection

ctmd

So I have had a working installation for about 4 weeks now - it was installed way before that, but that is a whole other kettle of fish.

Only issue is I cannot get the inverter to communicate with the app. We were with Talktalk, who had security in place blocking it which they had issues removing, so moved to Vodafone.

I am using the Smart LAN logger, which is wired via an unmanaged switch at one end of the property, the main router is the other end. But have tried a direct ethernet cable (not that would make any difference) with no change. It has been showing intermittently on the router device menu, and I had the app working twice for about 10 minutes.... but now nothing. Shows as an off line device.

I have tried the wifi datalogger... that saw the wifi network, I mistyped the password, an it has never found the network since. The main router is 2.4/5, but the access point near it is only 2.4. And before anyone starts about mesh... no it is not a mesh network the access point is running it's own SSID network on 2.4. The main router is too far away to be found.

I have also tried the 4G datalogger ... not something I was going to entertain (we live remotely, in a dip, and very little signal) ... sure enough, it cannot find signal.

Any tips/ advice/ experience appreciated. I am in conversations with Fox technical, but no resolution yet.

Thanks Chris