Wifi dongle SSID not visible

tom

Hello, since a couple of days, my wifi smart dongle has a fast blinking red light, and the app shows that it's offline. I tried to go through the setup process again, but the dongle ssid is not showing up in the wifi list. I tried to connect manually, no luck. I tried resetting the inverter, dongle, router. Still nothing, just the fast blinking red light. I read here that it might be a problem with 2.4Ghz/5Ghz network having the same name, tried shutting down one and then the other, still nothing.

Anyone has any solution what can I do to get it work?
Dave Foster

The first thing to say is that it is the dongle that broadcasts it's wifi ssid, so you need to stand near to it with your phone / tablet and search for the ssid that way.

It is usually worth resetting the dongle before you do anything, that can be done by unscrewing the collar screw that holds it to the inverter, once it's loose it simply pulls downwards. Leave it 15 seconds, then plug it back in and tighten the collar screw - leave it for more than 5 minutes as it might recover an re-connect to your wifi - if it does the red light will flash slowly, with an occasional pulse of green.

If it doesn't see if you can locate the ssid on your phone and then follow the instructions to re-connect to your router.
tom

Dave Foster wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:00 pm The first thing to say is that it is the dongle that broadcasts it's wifi ssid, so you need to stand near to it with your phone / tablet and search for the ssid that way.

It is usually worth resetting the dongle before you do anything, that can be done by unscrewing the collar screw that holds it to the inverter, once it's loose it simply pulls downwards. Leave it 15 seconds, then plug it back in and tighten the collar screw - leave it for more than 5 minutes as it might recover an re-connect to your wifi - if it does the red light will flash slowly, with an occasional pulse of green.

If it doesn't see if you can locate the ssid on your phone and then follow the instructions to re-connect to your router.
hey, thanks for trying to help.

I was standing right next to the dongle. I already tried removing the dongle and plugging it back multiple times. The problem is, the dongle is not broadcasting, I tried to look it up with multiple devices (ios, android, macos, windows) neither of them could see the dongle so I can connect to it. It was working for almost a year without any issues.
Dave Foster

tom wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:31 pm
Dave Foster wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:00 pm The first thing to say is that it is the dongle that broadcasts it's wifi ssid, so you need to stand near to it with your phone / tablet and search for the ssid that way.

hey, thanks for trying to help.

I was standing right next to the dongle. I already tried removing the dongle and plugging it back multiple times. The problem is, the dongle is not broadcasting, I tried to look it up with multiple devices (ios, android, macos, windows) neither of them could see the dongle so I can connect to it. It was working for almost a year without any issues.
Ok, they are usually very reliable but if it's not broadcasting it sounds like it's faulty - are you still under warranty?, if so contact your installer and ask them for a replacement - if not you can buy them from here https://www.tradesparky.com/solarsparky ... onglestick
tom

Dave Foster wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:59 pm Ok, they are usually very reliable but if it's not broadcasting it sounds like it's faulty - are you still under warranty?, if so contact your installer and ask them for a replacement - if not you can buy them from here https://www.tradesparky.com/solarsparky ... onglestick
It should be still under warranty, I'll contact them. Thanks again for your help, I just wanted to make sure I tried all the options to fix it by myself.