Version 1 and 2

Bomber

Hi, i am reading a lot about the 2 versions of the cube batteries. It says there is no real difference, just a diode shortage caused a change with what was being used. But in practice, what could potentially be the problem with using either version? It would obviously be better to use the same version on all batteries but what if i get sent 1 version 1 and 3 version 2s? Where i plan to get them from, they would not be able to get checked before dispatching. The KH inverter will come from a different source. Will all foxs KH inverters be ok with version 1 or 2 batteries, as long as there isnt a mix? Or will the inverter need an update if V2 batteries are used? I think what i am asking is, if i had a choice, would V1 or V2, be the best bet for someone who is absolutely winging it with solar and really doesn't want to get involved with updates or compatibility problems if he can help it! lol! Thanks.
PCall

Fox ESS EC2900 Version 2 batteries are cheaper, the version 1 one's are only going to go up in price simply because they are now legacy equipment and supply and demand will drive their price up. If you have the option get version 2's.

You can confirm the Version number of the batteries by checking their Serial Number.

The Fox EC2900 2.88kWh SLAVE High Voltage Battery is a high-performance, scalable battery storage system from Fox ESS. PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS A VERSION 1 (V1) SLAVE BATTERY.

This is a Slave battery which can only be used to expand an existing system which is using a Fox EC2900 Version 1 MASTER Battery. If you need Version 2, please see here: EC2900 VERSION 2

How do I know if my battery is V1 or V2?
The serial number prefix of your Master Battery is the identifier for V1/V2 batteries.

V1 Batteries – Prefixed with 60CM292
V2 Batteries – Prefixed with 60TM292, JM292 or KM292

Source https://theecosupermarket.co.uk/product ... attery-v1/ (Not an advert, just where the information can be verified by you, there are plenty of places to buy batteries and find information. I'm in no way affiliated with or in any way recommend the above product).

I hope this helps.

Apparently if you have a version 2 Master it doesn't matter, I saw that on another post.
Bomber

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have asked my supplier for V2 as i couldnt find many V1 around. I noticed they have now got an A or B connector as well! Why on Earth would you add another connector into the mix? As if it isnt a minefield already! It probably doesn't matter in the long run as whichever i decide to buy, with my luck it will be the one Fox decides to make obsolete next year! lol! I did see the eco supermarket info as thats who i was about to buy from. Much cheaper than everyone i looked at but the guy i bought my system from at the moment, beat it by £18. Not much, but still cheaper! As long as i get master and slave V2, i am hoping the 10.5 hybrid will work ok without having to mess with updates from the off. Cheers.